Technical Ops Analyst
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
HUMAN was founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore by Tamer Hassan, Michael Tiffany, Dan Kaminsky, and Ash Kalb. Our humble beginnings led to the creation of the Human Defense Platform, the backbone of all our products that safeguards enterprises from sophisticated bots, fraud, and account abuse. Today we verify the humanity of more than 20 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest companies and internet platforms.
Our hacker roots still permeate everything we do. You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our commitment to protecting companies (and in turn, their customers) from both revenue and reputation risk caused by digital attacks. However, HUMAN is not the center of this story. Humans like yourself are. We firmly believe in putting people first. This approach spans our extensive total rewards package, inclusive of competitive compensation, benefits, stipends - as well as our day-to-day culture - to ensure every human is empowered to do the best work of their life. We want to hear about the marathon you’re training for. We want to see pictures of your pets. We want to know your favorite robot (we have many).
Even if you’re not a conventional “hacker” we can assure you that you are a hacker in your own right. We want to work with people like you who break down problems to build up better solutions. That’s what makes us HUMAN.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting moment in the HUMAN story: we joined forces with PerimeterX in a market-changing merger, as well as recently acquired clean.io to enhance the Human Defense Platform. Together under the HUMAN brand, we will disrupt the economics of cybercrime. We hope you can join us in that mission.
The Technical Operations team at HUMAN plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Human Defense Platform, providing our customers with world class technical support at every step of their journey with HUMAN. As a Technical Operations Engineer, you’ll work closely with a team of highly skilled cybersecurity professionals, data scientists, and technical support specialists who work to identify and troubleshoot unique customer problems that touch every corner of the internet. You’ll collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across our Service Delivery organization to continuously protect our customers from some of the most sophisticated cybercrime activity threatening the internet today.
Who you are:
- B.sc in computer science or equivalent experience (technological unit alumni etc.)
- Understanding of the cybersecurity threat landscape.
- 1-3+ years of experience in a software development, customer support, data science, or cybersecurity role.
- Good English (Reading and Writing).
- Ability to identify operational inefficiencies and develop software solutions to mitigate them.
- Motivated, independent, and passionate about troubleshooting customer’s issues.
- Ability to motivate and lead those around you by your own contribution, professionalism, and teamwork.
What you'll do:
- Learn about the wonderful world of ad tech, that powers everything on the internet from the largest search engines to the smallest websites.
- Play a lot with web browsers, becoming familiar with little known web technologies that cyber criminals leverage to evade detection and launch malvertising campaigns.
- Understand our products at the “data level”, providing our customers with unique insights into how cyber threats are uncovered through advanced pattern recognition methods.
- Work with our Customer Success, Solutions Engineering, and Detection teams to support our customers through each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Prioritize and analyze customer support requests, and create professional reports that provide in depth explanations of the underlying technical issues.
- Build and maintain intelligent automation tools that power our team’s efficiency and streamline our operational processes.
- Translate technical solutions and analyses to non-technical audiences.
- Refine our customer support processes and implement them in our service management platform to ensure operational excellence.
- Produce technical process documentation to improve our knowledge base of how-to articles, troubleshooting articles, and more.
Life at HUMAN:
HUMAN prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. We firmly believe in putting people first regardless of who you are, where you come from, how you identify, or who your favorite robot is (we have many). We are on a mission to protect the integrity of the internet for everyone, so we welcome all individuals to come to share their unique experiences and perspectives as we fight against cybercrime together!
With Humans located in all parts of the world, we’ve fully embraced our diversity of thought and are always looking for innovative ways to connect with one another - even in virtual reality! Although New York City is our HQ, with teams in London, Virginia, and Victoria, we trust our Humans in choosing where they work and how they work. The benefits package we provide reflects our remote-first culture and our commitment to our Humans’ personal career development, which includes annual stipends for home office setup, well-being, and growth & development. We also offer weekly lunches, flexible time off, no-meeting Fridays, HUMAN days, sabbatical programs, and so much more.
We’re constantly trying to anticipate the needs of our Humans to ensure each one of us is equally prepared to do some of the best work of our life. Taking care of one another is part of the HUMAN experience and how we build true HUMAN connections.
If you are an individual with a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us directly.
The base pay range for this position is ($Min- $Target) which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.
See more open positions at HUMAN
Something looks off?