Security Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Monday, December 4, 2023
Hermeus is an aerospace and defense technology company founded to radically accelerate air travel by delivering hypersonic aircraft. The company aims to develop hypersonic aircraft quickly and cost-effectively by integrating hardware-rich, iterative development with modern computing and autonomy. This approach has been validated through design, build, and test of the company’s first combined turbojet-ramjet engine and is now being scaled through its first flight vehicle program, Quarterhorse. Hermeus is also developing Darkhorse — an uncrewed hypersonic aircraft designed to deliver unique asymmetric capabilities to the warfighter.
Hermeus is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Information Team and take charge of building infrastructure for secure operations of our cloud and on-prem endpoints. As a software engineer at Hermeus you will play a pivotal role in designing, implementing, and maintaining robust digital infrastructure. You will be responsible for ensuring the availability, scalability, and security of our systems that contribute to the company's overall success. You will also partner with the security and software engineering teams deploy projects that significantly increase the usability of our generated data. Use the latest tools to decrease incident response times, validate compliance, and enable trend analysis across all endpoints
- Work with our security team to implement security best practices, policies, and infrastructure to ensure traceability and protect Hermeus’ digital infrastructure and sensitive data.
- Aggregate, monitor, and derive insights from endpoint, network, and access logs for SIEM and security observability. Create both reporting and alerting dashboards/infrastructure for our security teams.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure as code tools such as Ansible and Terraform and experience developing automation that is idempotent.
- Experience using SQL-like languages to insert/query data to/from Databases.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems, their configuration, and administration.
- Familiarity with AWS/Azure cloud services for identity, access management, and traceability such as IAM and CloudWatch.
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer that can break down application development into organized, collaborative-coding projects with unit tests. Familiarity with object-oriented programming (OOP), and the ability to write reusable, organized, and easy to read scripts.
- Familiarity with software engineering team processes (“DevOps principles”) and tools such as Git for code revision, Gitlab/Jenkins/CircleCI for continuous integration and code deployment (CI/CD), and Docker for containerization and destructible development/deployment.
- Manage and maintain complex systems and services, ensuring high availability and performance. Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure-related issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of infrastructure and procedures. Hold design reviews, share knowledge/best practices with team members and customers, develop trainings.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering with a focus on infrastructure security.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Familiarity with network architecture and security concepts.
- Strong background in systems engineering to help design scalable and reliable systems to increase safety of Hermeus’ assets.
- Proficiency in scripting and automation (e.g., Python, Bash, C++) as well as querying languages (SQL).
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and hybrid environments.
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code (IaC) principles and tools including ansible and terraform.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.