Atlanta, GA, USA · Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
Hermeus is seeking a DevOps Engineer with a focus on enterprise applications to join our Information Technology (IT) team. In this role, you will play a key part in automating, optimizing, and maintaining our application deployment pipelines, ensuring the efficient and secure operation of our enterprise systems.
- Deployment Automation:
- Design, implement, and maintain automated deployment pipelines for enterprise applications.
- Work with development teams to streamline the build and deployment processes.
- Infrastructure as Code:
- Develop and manage infrastructure as code (IaC) scripts using tools such as Terraform or Ansible.
- Ensure infrastructure is defined, version-controlled, and automated.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD):
- Set up, configure, and maintain CI/CD pipelines for applications, integrating automated testing and quality checks.
- Monitor and improve pipeline performance, security, and reliability.
- Application Monitoring and Logging:
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions to provide real-time insights into application health and performance.
- Respond to alerts and troubleshoot issues promptly.
- Security and Compliance:
- Collaborate with security teams to ensure that enterprise applications adhere to security and compliance standards.
- Implement security best practices, including code scanning, vulnerability assessments, and access controls.
- Scripting and Automation:
- Create scripts and tools to automate routine tasks and improve operational efficiency.
- Identify opportunities for automation and drive process improvements.
- Documentation and Knowledge Sharing:
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of configurations, procedures, and best practices.
- Share knowledge and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Incident Response:
- Participate in incident response activities, diagnosing and resolving production issues as they arise.
- Contribute to post-incident reviews and problem-solving efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in DevOps or related roles, with a focus on enterprise application deployment.
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools and practices, including Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or similar.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong scripting and automation skills using Python, Shell, or similar.
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code (IaC) tools like Terraform or Ansible.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) and container registries.
- Security-conscious with expertise in cybersecurity and regulatory compliance.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.