Contract and Compliance Manager
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Contract and Compliance Manager to become a vital part of our team.
As a Contract and Compliance Manager, you will play a vital role in ensuring our compliance with industry regulations, standards, and ethical practices. Your responsibilities will encompass contract management, regulatory compliance, and guiding our organization to maintain the highest levels of integrity and adherence to relevant laws.
- Contract Management: Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of contracts, including supplier agreements and nondisclosure agreements, while ensuring alignment with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Compliance Advisory: Provide guidance and counsel to internal stakeholders on contractual compliance matters, helping to resolve disputes and issues that may arise.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure strict adherence to applicable regulations, including but not limited to the Federal Acquisition Regulations, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and Export Administration Regulations.
- Regulatory Applications and Communication: Prepare necessary regulatory applications and filings and maintain clear and proactive communication with government agencies as required.
- Legal Support: Collaborate with the legal team on various legal matters, such as corporate governance, intellectual property management, and risk management, to safeguard the company's interests.
- Contract and Matter Management: Administer and maintain the contract management and matter management systems efficiently.
- Operational Excellence: Oversee the optimization of law department operations, including evaluating and implementing technology solutions, advising on process improvements, and offering strategic insights through data analysis.
- Extensive Experience: A strong background with significant experience in contract negotiation, contract management, regulatory compliance, and legal operations, preferably in a similar industry.
- Regulatory Expertise: A comprehensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and Export Administration Regulations.
- Negotiation Skills: Excellent negotiation skills, combined with effective communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Collaboration: Proven ability to collaborate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance and resolve issues.
- Organized and Detail-Oriented: A highly organized and detail-oriented individual with the capability to manage complex tasks efficiently.
- Tech Proficiency: Proficiency in utilizing legal technology systems and tools for contract and compliance management.
- Education and Certifications: Relevant degree or certifications in paralegal studies, legal operations, law, compliance, or a related field are advantageous and will be considered positively during the selection process.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.