Internships - Summer 2024
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
Hermeus is seeking talented engineering students to join our team in Atlanta for the Summer 2024 semester. Successful candidates will help define and execute Hermeus' development strategy. This is a full-time paid internship that will last around 10-12 weeks (May - August).
We're looking for engineering candidates with design, test, and/or analysis experience in one or more of the these areas:
- Engineering responsibilities range from owning propulsion components, test stand build-up and commissioning, designing and fabricating harnesses, thermal and structural analysis, writing flight software, designing PCBs, to aircraft integration
- Hands-on experience designing, building, and testing vehicles (engineering candidates only)
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university (Undergraduate student or enrolled in a Master's or Ph.D. program)
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles
- Demonstrated ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Enthusiasm for aviation and Hermeus' mission
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- GPA of 3.0 or above
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.