Program Security Officer
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
Hermeus is looking for an exceptional Program Security Officer with a strong track record of supporting security programs within cleared facilities, demonstrable program/project management experience, comprehensive program security knowledge, and a deep understanding of government security programs, processes, and requirements.
As a Program Security Officer at Hermeus, you will own the execution of multiple security disciplines in support of fast-moving classified operations and manage a wide array of projects designed to protect personnel, National Security Information, and critical infrastructure from insider and external threats. You must obsess over internal and external customers and successfully deliver support and services in an environment where priorities shift extremely fast. You must be able to operate independently to manage security projects, continuously triage and prioritize accordingly, communicate clearly and compellingly (without PowerPoint), THINK BIG and outside the box, and deliver exceptional products.
- Responsible for providing comprehensive program security guidance concerning personnel, physical, operational, technical, information, industrial, counterintelligence, and computer security issues.
- Create, implement, communicate, and manage security requirements at a government accredited, while providing day-to-day multi-discipline program security operations support.
- Proactively identify program and physical security requirements, problems, and sound solutions to successfully sustain and enhance the security of program execution.
- Ability to perform Classification Reviews
- Support the physical security program/infrastructure, to include CUA’s, CONOPS, OPSEC plans, PPP’s, DD254’s, etc.
- Help defense contractors on personnel security related issues; perform briefings/debriefs, and review program related information for proper markings in accordance with Executive Order 13526
- Develop and strengthen relationships with internal (operations staff, engineers, teammates, etc.) and external (vendors, contractors, government staff, etc.) partners to heighten security awareness and engagement.
- Must be willing to share on-call rotations in support of alarms, security incidents, and critical service outages.
- Assist with programmatic inspections
- Attend and support to various customer meetings and working groups
- Facilitate associated badging and access
- Process classified visit requests
- Review, track, and monitor billet plans for programs
- Other duties as necessary
- We have multiple levels available on this team!
- Minimum 5 years of experience acting in a Program Security Officer/CPSO/Security Specialist/Security Manager capacity in which duties required interpreting and implementing requirements within the personnel, industrial, and physical security disciplines.
- Two years minimum experience with ICDs, NISPOM, and other government regulations related to classified programs.
- Two years minimum experience working with physical security hardware, Intrusion Detection Systems, and Access Control Systems. Current.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Must be able to be in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
- Ability to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer, scanner, facsimile.
- Experience serving as a COMSEC custodian or alternate.
- Experience with a secure facility construction meeting ICD 705 requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and can learn quickly.
- Driven to provide your internal and the external customers with responsive and unparalleled support and you are dedicated to meet and fulfill the customer’s expectations
- Desire to step outside the box and your comfort zone to take ownership of projects and domains not in your range of expertise.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.