Director of IT
Atlanta, GA, USA · Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
Hermeus is seeking an outcome-driven Director of IT to lead and innovate our information technology functions. You'll develop and execute the IT strategy, manage operations, and drive technological advancements. Experience scaling high-growth startups (100-1000 people) is vital. Your expertise in delivering outcomes and securing classified networks will play a crucial role in shaping the future of air travel.
- Develop and execute the IT strategy aligned with business objectives, delivering tangible outcomes.
- Own the execution and delivery of enterprise IT management, systems, processes, etc.
- Lead and manage the IT department, including infrastructure, systems, networking, and support teams.
- Ensure security, integrity, and availability of IT systems and data, including highly secure networks.
- Drive innovation and efficiency gains through emerging technologies and digital transformation.
- Collaborate with departments, providing effective IT solutions and support.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and service providers.
- Develop and manage the IT budget, optimizing investments.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, procedures, and standards.
- Coach and develop managers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT, or related field (advanced degree preferred).
- Experience scaling IT operations in high-growth startups (100-1000 people).
- Proficiency in IT infrastructure, networking, cybersecurity, and cloud solutions.
- Proficiency with AWS, Azure AD, MacOS and Windows management
- Strong background in managing secure networks and classified systems.
- Proven ability to deliver outcomes and align IT strategies with business goals.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Project management expertise within budget and timelines.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Analytical mindset and strategic thinking.
- Passion for technology innovation in aerospace industry
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.