Senior Financial Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in our company's success by providing financial analysis, forecasting, and modeling support. Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting financial data, developing financial models, and providing insights and recommendations to drive the company's growth.
This is an opportunity to work on a lean Finance team and to make an immediate impact in a fast-scaling startup. Come help us radically accelerate air travel!
The Opportunity & How You'll Impact Hermeus:
- Analyze and interpret financial data to support decision-making
- Develop financial models to support business planning and forecasting
- Perform variance analysis and provide insights to drive performance improvements
- Conduct ad hoc financial analysis and modeling to support business initiatives
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive financial planning and analysis
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and ongoing forecasting processes
- Monitor key performance indicators and provide insights to drive performance improvements
- Provide support for fundraising activities and investor relations
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in financial analysis and reporting
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in financial analysis, financial planning, and modeling
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with financial modeling software
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Passion for innovation and entrepreneurship
- Experience with Adaptive Planning or similar forecasting tools
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.
See more open positions at Hermeus
Something looks off?