Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
A tooling engineer on the structural engineering team is responsible for the design, analysis, fabrication, and use of various drill tools, jigs, integration fixtures, and ground support equipment in support of major structural assemblies.
The Opportunity and How You'll Impact Hermeus:
- Interface with the structural and manufacturing teams to develop tooling and processes to support aircraft build activities
- Design and analysis of aircraft tooling and ground support equipment (GSE) using the engineering software tools (NX, Nastran, Femap, etc.)
- Provide technical support for first implementation of the tooling during aircraft build activities
- Hold design reviews for all tooling designs
- Suggest and incorporate changes in design to improve manufacturability
- Bachelor’s degree in: aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related field
- 4+ years of tool engineering experience
- Experience with CAD and FEA software packages
- Experience with 2D drawings and GD&T
- Familiarity with aircraft assembly and integration processes
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.