Senior Avionics Electrical Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
The Avionics team is looking for trailblazers who want to bring their vision to the realization of commercial hypersonic flight. Specifically, our team owns all design, test, and integration of GNC, software, electrical hardware, and RF-comms.
We're looking for system-level architects who are *also* full-stack experts within their sub-discipline. Our deliverables include the flight simulator, control room, ground support station, and full aircraft avionics suite. As a member of the avionics team, you'll be responsible for the integration & system-compatibility of your designs. We're creating a diverse team of engineers who are motivated to bring their unique vantage point to tackling big technical and collaborative challenges. Find your place within our vision of commercial hypersonic flight; make Hermeus your next leap!
As an avionics electrical engineer, you’ll own electrical design and test for custom Hermeus electrical systems supporting both ground test and aircraft systems. This role requires an advanced level of electrical design experience: embedded system design, PCB layout, integration experience, power systems, and product qualification.
- BS Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of schematic design, PCB layout, power electronics, and/or wiring diagram experience
- Strong circuit troubleshooting skills
- Experience in analog, high-speed digital, and/or RF design
- MS Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or similar
- Experience with sensor/actuator, device integration, V&V, environmental qualification and/or flight testing
- Experience with simulation and test tools (Fluke process meter, VNA, etc)
- Experience with avionics devices and protocols (radars, INS, GPS, CAN bus, RS-422, 38999 style connectors, etc.)
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.