Senior Android Engineer
Here is where friends and communities hang out together online in customized and personalized rooms. Our mission is to create a sense of closeness even if you’re worlds away. People build personalized rooms where they meet to decorate, video chat, message, draw, play mini games, watch videos, and move around--all available in a web browser. Here is expressive, creative and fun.
Our team has deep expertise building social, consumer, collaboration and messaging products at companies like Facebook, Groupon and Instagram. We founded and sold multiple venture-backed startups, and we're backed by world class investors. User response to Here amazes us every day, which is why we’re looking to add extraordinary folks to our team.
Who You Are
- You are a well-rounded engineer who has led the full life cycle of major projects.
- You know how to code...very, very well. You are comfortable in Kotlin and have a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms, building custom UI, and creating great user experiences.
- You care deeply about the user. You want to blow their mind.
- You’re a decisive builder, a shipper, and a craftsperson.
- You move fast and work hard.
- You’re comfortable working in a problem space with a lot of uncharted territory.
- You do the right thing.
- You are opinionated but open, you want the best idea to win.
What You’ll Do
- Build user-facing features for the Here Android app, centered around personalization, real-time interaction, and high quality, reliable video communications.
- You have the opportunity (requirement) to continually learn, teach, and step outside your comfort zone.
- You will work closely with an experienced founding team and get exposed to the early days and decisions that will make a startup successful.
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end execution of projects - from conception, through implementation, and measurement - that change the trajectory of Here.
- As Here grows, your role will grow. We expect the early team to be exceptional, and to grow as exceptional leaders.
Our team is small--you’ll be one of our first few hires--which means you’ll have a lot of responsibility from the start. Here is an entirely new approach to video and personalization. At our most basic level, we’re building the way people want to be together online with one another--we’re making the OS for hanging out. We run lots of experiments, we take risks, we ship some really weird stuff.
Backend: Node and Firebase
Video: WebRTC and our own SFU