New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2023
At a time when social media today leaves you feeling more disconnected than ever, Sidechat and Yik Yak helps you connect more deeply with the communities and interests that you care about.
* A strong founding team - the third and fourth hires of Snap, as well as the second product design hire
* Product-market fit - 2x the retention of Snap
* Strong penetration - 1 out of every 4 college students have us on their phones
Join us to help build the future of social media.
Our product today is just the beginning of something truly novel and different.
“Toys are not really as innocent as they look. Toys and games are preludes to serious ideas.”
What you will do
- Deeply empathize with the needs of our users to create a fun and safe space for expression and connection
- Help design and develop innovative products based on your own intuition and feelings, not a/b tests
- Collaborate with engineering, design, marketing, and community teams
Skills you will need
- The ability to operate independently in an environment where the product prioritization is often fluid and the work is often ambiguous
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high attention to detail
- Be opinionated, but when presented with new information or ideas, be open to changing your mind
- The ability to go from idea, to design, to shipping, quickly
- Be able to clearly communicate design decisions
- Be able to contribute to creating a warm, welcoming, and collaborative work environment
- Prior product design work experience
- Caring deeply about the users you design for
- A desire to make better social products
Base from 120-200K