Who we are at Embroker
Embroker is the radically simple destination for industry-tailored commercial insurance. Our mission is to make it radically easier for businesses to get the right coverage at the best price. With a technology-first, customer-centric approach, Embroker is changing how businesses protect themselves, their staff, and their customers. In 2015, Embroker has raised over $150M in funding from leading fintech investors.
THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY IN THE US, LATIN AMERICA, OR CANADA
US Base Salary: $80,000-$130,000
The value of this position
We are seeking a skilled and dynamic Project Manager to join our team. As a Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role in planning, executing, and closing projects across the organization. Your responsibilities will encompass project coordination, resource management, stakeholder communication, and risk mitigation. Reporting to the Program Manager, the ideal candidate possesses a proven track record in delivering successful projects, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to lead cross-functional business and engineering teams. Additionally, you will focus on managing projects related to our Insurance Product Team to drive strategic initiatives and achieve business goals.
- Plan, initiate, and execute projects, ensuring adherence to project scope, budget, and timeline.
- Collaborate with the teams to define project requirements, priorities, and goals.
- Define project objectives, tasks, and resource requirements, and create comprehensive execution plans.
- Coordinate resources, communicate effectively with stakeholders, and monitor project progress to mitigate risks and drive successful outcomes.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by identifying process enhancements and sharing best practices.
- Regularly provide stakeholders with project status reports and schedule updates.
- Develop and maintain project documentation.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, assigning tasks and responsibilities, and fostering collaboration.
- Monitor project progress, track milestones, and proactively address potential risks and issues.
- Conduct regular project status meetings and manage expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of project management experience, preferably within an engineering or operations environment.
- Must have experience in Agile methodologies.
- You should possess a Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification, or be committed to obtaining either certification within one year of joining the company, showcasing your dedication to advancing their project management expertise.
- Comfortable delivering presentations to large audiences.
- The ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and fast-paced working environment.
- This role demands strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills, coupled with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and maintain a cohesive team dynamic.
- You have the capability to quickly learn, understand, communicate and adhere to standard operating procedures set by the Program Manager.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software, specifically JIRA and Confluence.
- Self-directed with the ability to think strategically and execute tactically; attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to perform in a remote work environment.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Prolonged periods of time sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to perform at a high-level in a remote work environment.
The Embroker Pack lives by three core values that have taken us from an idea to a growing, well-funded player in the Insurtech space.
We succeed and fail as one team. We optimize for what is best for our entire organization. We always assume positive intent.
We are 100% committed. We move fast and are proud of what we build. We attack challenges with relentless positivity.
We strive to amaze and delight at every touchpoint. We make our work fun through teamwork, play, and positive energy.
We believe that systemic structures and practices disproportionately disadvantage the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be represented and included in the work we do to make our Pack stronger and more creative, and improve the way we do business. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other marginalized communities.