Product Manager - Platform
Who we are at Embroker
Embroker is the radically simple destination for industry-tailored commercial insurance. Our mission is to make it radically easier for businesses to get the right coverage at the best price. With a technology-first, customer-centric approach, Embroker is changing how businesses protect themselves, their staff, and their customers. In 2015, Embroker has raised over $150M in funding from leading fintech investors.
*THIS POSITION WILL SIT REMOTELY IN LATIN AMERICA
The value of this position
For this role, we are seeking a relentlessly curious and outstanding product management leader who can work collaboratively across the organization and with customers to deliver the most compelling and differentiated Commercial Insurance products in the market. The person will have experience in working on product management of enterprise products.
What you will own in this role
- Understanding the design, business logic, and technical architecture of their platform components and how those components interact with the rest of the platform
- Owning the up and down responsibility for the delivery of their component / feature
- Translating product roadmap initiatives and feature requests into models, workflow diagrams, epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, and other suitable artifacts
- Collaborating with other PMs, Architects, UI/UX, and Team Leads to drive requirements through the design phase
- Well versed in product management frameworks and agile development processes.
- Has good understanding of microservice architecture
- Has experience in launching digital products from 0-1.
- Have understanding of customer experience and its importance in product development
- Assist in the development of a competitive landscape in the commercial insurance space
- Collaborate with our teams in US and Belgrade to launch products in the US
- Build relationships with other product managers and engineers
- Less than 5% travel in a year
- 5 - 7 years of enterprise software product management experience
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Some knowledge of commercial insurance but more importantly the attitude to learn fast and support the team
- Experience with PAS (policy administration system) and digital insurance products is a plus.
- Some experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- The ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and fast-paced working environment with changes in approach and reset of some approaches.
- Excellent written communication skills with a focus on translating complex issues into simple, easy to digest documents.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
The Embroker Pack lives by three core values that have taken us from an idea to a growing, well-funded player in the Insurtech space.
We succeed and fail as one team. We optimize for what is best for our entire organization. We always assume positive intent.
We are 100% committed. We move fast and are proud of what we build. We attack challenges with relentless positivity.
We strive to amaze and delight at every touchpoint. We make our work fun through teamwork, play, and positive energy.
We believe that systemic structures and practices disproportionately disadvantage the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be represented and included in the work we do to make our Pack stronger and more creative, and improve the way we do business. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other marginalized communities.