Solutions Engineering Manager (Pre-Sales)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2024
Edge Impulse is the leading edge AI platform, enabling companies to build smarter edge products. Our technology empowers over 100,000 developers to bring more machine learning products to market faster. Enterprise teams develop industry-specific solutions in weeks instead of years because of our robust platform with custom pre-processing blocks and deployment blocks, which make it significantly easier to put a trained model onto a device. We believe that data-centric engineering is the future of industry transformation, unlocking a positive impact on our society and environment.
We are growing! This is a technical opportunity to lead a small team dedicated to helping prospective customers achieve and optimize their data management and machine learning strategy with a focus on device aware machine learning, data onboarding, data guidance, and extensibility. Our technology empowers enterprise developers to bring more AI products to market faster and helps enterprise teams rapidly develop industry-specific solutions. With Edge Impulse, our customers build and optimize their data management and machine learning strategy with a focus on enabling wearable health and industrial health devices to leverage AI at the edge.
If you have enterprise cloud experience from both a pre-sales and partner management perspective, we would like to talk with you. Want to lead and grow a pre-sales solutions team while gaining experience working across multiple industries with various use cases? If this sounds like your next career move, then let's connect.
- Rapidly gain an understanding of prospective customer's use cases and business goals to guide them to a technical solution in partnership with your account executive, sales development rep, the Head of Product Solution Architecture, and other people on the team
- Connect with internal colleagues to build resources and repeatable playbooks in an agile and scaling company by drawing on experience as an interim manager, team lead, or prior exposure to technical leadership and management
- Mentor and exchange ideas with the existing solutions engineering teams to shape and guide the pre-sales function
- Work in this remote-first organization to drive effective collaboration with customers as they move through the evaluation and buying process
- Enable technical understanding of external partners through a thorough understanding of the AWS ecosystem
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience working with engineering and account management teams to solve technical challenges to enable digital health innovations and boost industrial productivity
- Demonstrated understanding of communication skills used with team, customers, and partners
- Enterprise Cloud Experience with Python ML
- Experience with creative and hands on problem solving to build data analysis or ML solutions - specifically developing data transformation blocks to pre-process large datasets
- Experience in wearable health technology, in particular biosensors data, or other relevant IoT/sensor data at the edge.
- Track record of managing and working effectively async in a distributed team
- A Plus: Experience in wearable health technology, in particular biosensors data, or other relevant IoT/sensor data at the edge
- Another Plus: Prior experience defining and optimizing customer data management and ML workflow
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Masters degree in computer science or ML/data management certification preferred
What We Offer
- The chance to join a rapidly scaling, remote-first organization full of amazingly smart people in a field-defining startup.
- A well-funded company with founders who care about team, users, and values.
- An awesome product with a scaling user base and great enterprise customers.
- Competitive pay, stock options, benefits, and time off.
- A dynamic culture that sees work as one element in life (work-life balance).
- A team that’s engaged and inclusive yet global and diverse.
We base our salary ranges from compensation research using both historic and real-time salary data sets. We have a reasonable estimate of the current salary range to be USD$165K-$180K + quarterly commission + equity + benefits. This role includes a commission plan so the OTE could be above $250K. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this remote position in many US cities such as: Phoenix, AZ, Tampa or Miami, FL, Columbus, OH, Charlotte or Raleigh, NC, Sacramento, CA, Atlanta, GA, Nashville, TN, Detroit, MI, or Salt Lake City, UT.
Edge Impulse targets overall compensation at the 75th quartile of the market for similarly placed companies, job families, and grade levels. Our salary ranges take into account a wide range of factors including but not limited to role, grade level, location, training, degrees, certifications, and other business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate diversity in our remote, global organization. We value inclusivity across our teams. We encourage applicants of all genders to apply for this position. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.