Technical Product Manager
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
Edge Impulse is the leading edge AI platform, enabling companies to build smarter edge products. Our technology empowers over 100,000 developers to bring more machine learning products to market faster. Enterprise teams develop industry-specific solutions in weeks instead of years because of our robust platform with custom pre-processing blocks and deployment blocks, which make it significantly easier to put a trained model onto a device. We believe that data-centric engineering is the future of industry transformation, unlocking a positive impact on our society and environment.
We are growing! This is a unique opportunity: a hybrid product management and program management role. Our technology empowers developers to bring more AI products to market faster and helps enterprise teams rapidly develop industry-specific solutions. With Edge Impulse, our customers build and optimize their data management and machine learning strategy with a focus on enabling wearable health and industrial health devices to leverage AI at the edge. We offer powerful automation and easy-to-use capabilities to accelerate AI development. With over 100,000 developers and partnerships with top silicon vendors, we deliver a seamless integration experience to validate and deploy across a vast ecosystem. Customers use Edge Impulse to execute data pipelines to process large datasets and derive features that will be used by the customer’s data science teams and product teams.
This is a full-time remote role reporting to the CTO and co-founder. It's both tactical and strategic. The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for product management, program management, and cross-functional coordination. This role will drive development, alignment and execution of the product strategy and product road mapping across the organization with the CEO and CTO co-founders and the extended management team. This role will work closely with our product, engineering, design, sales, and marketing teams to coalesce customer feedback, establish milestones, track execution and define feature sets.
- Develop, track, and execute product strategy aligned with our goals and the needs of our customers and developers to prioritize and evolve features
- Obtain input and validation for new features from customer-facing internal partners: sales, solution engineers, marketing, and engineering - requires technical understanding of how customers define and optimize their data management and ML workflow, data acquisition, ML development, testing and deployment strategies
- Provide guidance in defining clear product roadmaps, setting objectives, and achieving milestones
- Perform assessment of target markets, industry trends, competitors and competitive products against Edge Impulse
- Prioritize proposed quality product enhancements and establish collaborative processes with management team to drive timely product releases
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of product management experience relevant to enterprise SaaS product development
- Program management experience related to technical products that involve IoT, data analysis, and ML solutions
- Product strategy skills relevant to SaaS, digital health, and industrial market domains
- Demonstrated success with Program Management and Project Management as related to SaaS
- Effective cross-functional team collaboration and communication skills
- Experience working with software developer communities
- Track record of working effectively async in a distributed team - with customers and internally
- Ability to understand and distill customer requirements and leverage excellent communication skills
- Experience in the machine learning industry is a plus
- Strongly Preferred - product management experience with SaaS applications relevant to wearable health technology or industrial predictive maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer or electrical engineering
What We Offer
- The chance to join a rapidly scaling, remote-first organization full of amazingly smart people in a field-defining startup
- A well-funded company with founders who care about team, users, and values
- An awesome product with a scaling user base and great enterprise customers
- Competitive pay, stock options, benefits, and time off
- A dynamic culture that sees work as one element in life (work-life balance)
- A team that’s engaged and inclusive yet global and diverse
We are an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate diversity in our remote, global organization. We value inclusivity across our teams. We encourage applicants of all genders to apply for this position. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.