Document Control Specialist, Part Time in Mountain View (experienced new grads and retirees encouraged to apply)
Who We Are:
Dusty Robotics develops robot-powered tools for the modern construction workforce.
While today's buildings are built predominantly with manual labor, Dusty envisions a future in which skilled labor makes use of robotic automation to make the work safer, more efficient, and more precise! We want to create a future where construction workers don't need to retire early because their bodies give out. In Dusty's future, the buildings we live and work in are built by teams of creative and problem-solving construction crews who direct robots to do the dull/dirty/dangerous work.
What We're Building:
Dusty bridges the gap between the digital world of building design with the skilled labor operating in the field, accelerating the digital transformation of the construction industry. The centerpiece of our strategy is the FieldPrinter: a mobile printer-on-wheels that prints building floorplans full-size on the concrete floor of a construction site. When errors in layout can cause multi-million-dollar mistakes, our product ensures that all field crews are building off of a single source of truth derived from the digital model.
Who We Are:
Dusty Robotics is a venture-backed startup automating construction through advanced robotics. Dusty envisions a future in which construction workers make use of robotic automation to make their work safer, more efficient, and more precise; a future in which they don't need to retire early because their bodies give out. In Dusty's vision, the buildings where we live, work and play are built by teams of creative and problem-solving construction crews, who are directing robots to do the physically demanding and dangerous work.
The centerpiece of our strategy is the FieldPrinter: a mobile printer-on-wheels that prints building floorplans (in CAD format) full-size on the concrete floor of a construction site. Our robot prints lines, text, and points with 1 mm accuracy, enabling builders to construct walls and fixtures on top of our layout with zero mistakes:
What You'll Do:
We are looking for a part time Document Control Specialist whose job responsibilities focus on developing and maintaining efficient record-keeping systems that cover handling of data across its life span from data creation to storage to retrieval to destruction.
- Define, document and manage data migration from Engineering spreadsheet to Netsuite ERP system
- Create and update part and BoM information, including revision, manufacturer, and manufacturer part number within the ERP system
- Massage data into format that can be uploaded into Netsuite ERP system
- Work with Engineering to create component specification sheet and collect datasheet for the Off-the-Shelf (OTS) parts
- Partner with Supply Chain and Manufacturing on collection and storage of environment compliance certifications
- Assist the extended Dusty team to resolve data conflicts and issues
- Collaborate with existing change management team on Engineering Change Order (ECO) release and part revision and BOM changes
- Assess the evolving data needs of Engineering and Manufacturing
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Intellectual Property (IP) data
Who You Are:
- 5 years of experience in documentation and/or PLM management including direct data management responsibilities
- Experience with Netsuite Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail
- High level of organization is required
- Interested in working Part Time (~20 hours a week)
Why You Should Join:
In joining our team, you’ll become an important part of a small and fast-growing company. We are daring to accomplish something big, do you want to be a critical part of Dusty's success? We are deeply committed to our mission, and we believe in removing roadblocks that distract us from reaching our goals.
To that end, we offer an unlimited vacation policy, a 401k with employer match, reasonable work hours, and flexible schedules. We know that our best work happens when we feel well-rested and capable of focusing all of our energy on making Dusty successful!
Strong, effective teams are composed of people with a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences who bring a variety of perspectives to their work. We actively encourage applications from a diverse pool, including those from historically under-represented groups such as women, people of color, people who identify LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and immigrants.
Our Code of Conduct:
Dusty Robotics exists to serve a wide variety of customers from all walks of life. We believe that our mission is best served in an environment that is friendly, safe, accepting, and free of intimidation or harassment. We do not tolerate abusive behavior.
Where You'll Work:
Dusty’s offices are located in Mountain View, CA. You will be primarily working from our office in this role to facilitate rapid coordination with executive leadership and business teams. You can also expect to travel a small amount to customer locations around the US.