Etna, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 6, 2023
About Mast Reforestation (Mast):
As the leading end-to-end reforestation company in the U.S., Mast is on a mission to make reforestation scalable. As bigger and hotter fires destroy more forestland every year, Mast provides fast, resilient forest restoration for landowners impacted by devastating wildfires. As the only vertically-integrated reforestation company in the industry, Mast has removed the financial, procedural, and seed supply barriers that typically stand in the way of getting reforestation done. Mast collects native, diverse seed species and manages site preparation, planting, and ongoing monitoring, delivering high quality projects. By assembling first-of-its-kind third party capital, Mast delivers these projects at no-cost to landowners. With trusted forestry companies Silvaseed and Cal Forest in its portfolio, Mast is the largest seed bank and reforestation container stock producer in the Western U.S. Mast is also an innovation center for the non-timber forestry supply chain, developing various biological and technical products for achieving land management goals more efficiently. To learn more, visit www.mastreforest.com and watch this video of our recent Montana project (hyperlink: https://www.mastreforest.com/reforestation)
If you’re inspired by our work, we’d encourage you to apply!
Cal Forest Nurseries is the crown jewel of California reforestation and serves 10 other western states. As the Executive Assistant/Office Manager, you will report directly to the Assistant General Manager. As an Executive Assistant/Office Manager you will undertake a variety of daily tasks. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized and competent professional with excellent communication skills (written and verbal). This is an incredible opportunity for a highly motivated individual with the organizational skills to build a modern and high-impact program.
- Management of complex calendars for the Assistant General Manager and team meetings.
- Collecting and organizing key performance indicators into reports for weekly discussion.
- Management of specific high value projects.
- Assisting in prioritization of work for Assistant General Manager, serving as proxy where possible
- First point of contact for visitors,phone calls, and customer inquiries
- Coordinate flight, transportation and hotel accommodations as needed.
- Maintaining office supplies for office and provide support for ordering for other departments
- Administrative office functions including, but not limited to, tracking and updating facility permits/certificates for operations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years experience in office management and/or Executive Assistant.
- Excellent written and communication skills, with an understanding of various communication platforms.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and data driven.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently whenever last-minute changes to meetings/schedules occur.
- Excellent judgment with a clear “safety-first” mentality, and a commitment to a safe work environment that promotes equity, inclusion, and diversity
- Superb stakeholder engagement skills: capable of communicating with people at all levels both inside and outside the company.
- A terrific work ethic accompanied by an ever-positive, get-it-done attitude.
- A valid driver's license is required
A plus if you have the following:
- At least 4 years of experience providing direct EA support including calendar management, meeting coordination, travel coordination, event planning, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to improve processes.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, multi-task, and problem solve issues while managing competing priorities and commitments to deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team.
- High levels of integrity and discretion.
Mast Reforestation, Silvaseed & Cal Forest offer:
- Competitive salary
- Location-based compensation
- 80% health insurance coverage for Full-Time non-seasonal employees, including Medical, Dental & Vision insurance plans
- Company paid Short Term Disability insurance and Group Term Life insurance
- Company’s incentive stock options (ISO) for eligible employee groups
- Retirement saving plan: 401(k) and Roth 401(k)
- Commuter Benefits in eligible cities
- 6 paid holidays. Two company-wide closing weeks per year.
- Flexible PTO for Salaried employees. Generous PTO accrual for Hourly employees.
- Allowances for out-of-state employees
- Relocation support for out-of-state employees