Specialist, People Operations
People & HR, Operations
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
About Mast Reforestation (Mast):
As the leading end-to-end reforestation company in the U.S., Mast is on a mission to make reforestation scalable. As bigger and hotter fires destroy more forestland every year, Mast provides fast, resilient forest restoration for landowners impacted by devastating wildfires. As the only vertically-integrated reforestation company in the industry, Mast has removed the financial, procedural, and seed supply barriers that typically stand in the way of getting reforestation done. Mast collects native, diverse seed species and manages site preparation, planting, and ongoing monitoring, delivering high quality projects. By assembling first-of-its-kind third party capital, Mast delivers these projects at no-cost to landowners. With trusted forestry companies Silvaseed and Cal Forest in its portfolio, Mast is the largest seed bank and reforestation container stock producer in the Western U.S. Mast is also an innovation center for the non-timber forestry supply chain, developing various biological and technical products for achieving land management goals more efficiently. To learn more, visit www.mastreforest.com and watch this video of our recent Montana project (hyperlink: https://www.mastreforest.com/reforestation)
If you’re inspired by our work, we’d encourage you to apply!
You will support various activities in the overall talent cycle, including Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, special projects, and other People Ops task.
You are excited to cultivate the growth of a mission-driven startup working to mitigate the climate crisis. A startup environment energizes you and are looking for an opportunity for exposure to various People Ops challenges. You can mature processes and policies and partner with various stakeholders. You want to put yourself in a situation where you can grow along with the company.
We are a small but mighty team. The position will report to the Director of Talent who manages talent acquisition and several People Ops areas for 3 different entities with employees across the country.
Skills & Experience
Ideal candidates should show passion for our mission. Able to share the work examples of strong attention to detail, high work integrity, professionalism in maintaining confidentiality and high accuracy, great time management, excellent work organization and prioritization, earn trust fast, driven and excellent written and verbal communication. Experience in using ATS and HRIS is a plus. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. At least one year of Human Resources management experience. Proficient in typical programs such as Google Suite, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Having SHRM-CP or PHR is a plus.
Job duties are listed as below -
- Serve as a primary point of contact for candidates throughout the hiring process
- Screen resumes as needed for various roles
- Conduct initial phone screening
- Schedule interviews for multiple recruitment stages. Refine the scheduling process by reducing manual touchpoints and increasing automation.
- Collect materials for crafting an offer
- Support in maturing the organization’s recruitment process, including serving as a business partner in reviewing the recruitment needs of each department
- Support new hire orientation; greet new hires in person when they first come to the office and orient them to company policies, procedures, and norms; set up the new hires with relevant departments such as Finance and IT. Ensure devices are ready before the start date; I-9 verification. Support in offboarding when needed.
- Perform routine People Ops tasks required to administer and execute programs, including but not limited to: compensation, benefits, performance reviews, interviewer training, and occupational health and safety.
- Gather and analyze key data from HR systems.
- Strategic sourcing projects such as nursery and forestry professionals & early career talent pool
- Deliver other duties as assigned such as Summer Internship Program
Onboarding and the First 30 days, 90 days and 1 year
In 1 month: Learn the company and the range of work in People Ops (participate the bi-weekly meeting and book 1:1s with manager), become proficient in ATS and begin scheduling interviews.
In 2-3 months: Understand the organization including which stakeholders to include in the recruitment process, scheduling interviews and supporting the communication on the new Health benefits, Performance Review (tool admin user) and Employee Surveys (assist in data analysis). Support special sourcing projects.
In 4-6 months: Managing some entry-level hirings. Continue the People Ops tasks.
In 1 year: Perform entry level hiring with minimal supervision. Screen more senior candidates. Continue to refine the Talent Acquisition Playbook. Assisting the year-end People Ops tasks such as benefits renewal and retirement saving audits. Have a good understanding of the overall yearly tasks.
Our recruitment process starts with your job application, followed by resume screening by recruiters. You will be contacted within 2 weeks if you are selected for the Initial Phone Screening, conducted by recruiters. They will recommend the qualified candidates to the Hiring Manager or Hiring Team for the Technical Screening. In the 3rd round, which is also the final round of the recruitment process, you will meet with your future colleagues and stakeholders. Please always prepare a list of questions to ask the interviewers so that you can make an informed career change decision.
Mast Reforestation, Silvaseed & Cal Forest offer:
- Competitive salary
- Location-based compensation
- 75% health insurance coverage for Full-Time non-seasonal employees, including Medical, Dental & Vision insurance plans
- Company’s incentive stock options (ISO) for eligible employee groups
- Retirement saving plan: 401(k) and Roth 401(k)
- Commuter Benefits in eligible cities
- 6 paid holidays. Two company-wide closing weeks per year.
- Flexible PTO for Salaried employees. Generous PTO accrual for Hourly employees.
- Allowances for out-of-state employees
- Relocation support for out-of-state employees