Seasonal Associate, Nursery Operations
Roy, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
About Mast Reforestation (Mast):
As the leading end-to-end reforestation company in the U.S., Mast is on a mission to make reforestation scalable. As bigger and hotter fires destroy more forestland every year, Mast provides fast, resilient forest restoration for landowners impacted by devastating wildfires. As the only vertically-integrated reforestation company in the industry, Mast has removed the financial, procedural, and seed supply barriers that typically stand in the way of getting reforestation done. Mast collects native, diverse seed species and manages site preparation, planting, and ongoing monitoring, delivering high quality projects. By assembling first-of-its-kind third party capital, Mast delivers these projects at no-cost to landowners. With trusted forestry companies Silvaseed and Cal Forest in its portfolio, Mast is the largest seed bank and reforestation container stock producer in the Western U.S. Mast is also an innovation center for the non-timber forestry supply chain, developing various biological and technical products for achieving land management goals more efficiently. To learn more, visit www.mastreforest.com and watch this video of our recent Montana project (hyperlink: https://www.mastreforest.com/reforestation)
If you’re inspired by our work, we’d encourage you to apply!
Silvaseed is a Mast company. As one of the major locally owned businesses in Roy, we are looking to hire community members to assist with the conifer seedling packing and sowing in the upcoming peak season.
Hourly rate: Starting from $17 per hour.
Benefits of working at Silvaseed: Paid holidays including Christmas Day, New Year Day and Memorial Day. Season-end bonus. Referral bonus. Terms & conditions apply. Priority consideration when Regular employee positions are available.
Season duration: The position will span from November/December through June (weather dependent).
Working Hours: 7am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday. Currently aiming for the start date on or after 11/27 Monday.
Interview Date and Time:
Please come to Silvaseed (317 James St S, Roy, WA 98580) between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Ask for Kea, Rebecca or Katherine.
Must be 18 years of age or older to be employed by Silvaseed due to the current legal setup.
What you’ll do in this seasonal position:
- As a Nursery Operations Associate, you will be working in seedling cultivation at the greenhouse, including sorting, bunching, hand-pulling, bagging, boxing seedlings, and other tasks for preparing the sowing tasks.
- In the bareroot field, you will be collecting and bundling seedlings from the ground, or grading, sorting, bunching, and bagging seedlings in the warehouse.
- Ability to engage in physical labor in varying weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Responsiveness to direction and feedback
- "Team player" attitude and ability to work with others, and independently when necessary
- Safety-first mentality
Physical requirements include:
- Lifting up to 50 pounds, standing for long periods of time, reaching, bending, twisting, using hands for fine and gentle seedling manipulation. Applicants should be prepared with appropriate warm outfits. Relevant experience is a plus.
When being converted from Seasonal status to Regular employee status, the employees will be qualified for the benefits listed in the section below.
Mast Reforestation, Silvaseed & Cal Forest offer:
- Competitive salary
- Location-based compensation
- 75% health insurance coverage for Full-Time non-seasonal employees, including Medical, Dental & Vision insurance plans
- Company’s incentive stock options (ISO) for eligible employee groups
- Retirement saving plan: 401(k) and Roth 401(k)
- Commuter Benefits in eligible cities
- 6 paid holidays. Two company-wide closing weeks per year.
- Flexible PTO for Salaried employees. Generous PTO accrual for Hourly employees.
- Allowances for out-of-state employees
- Relocation support for out-of-state employees