Senior Director, Carbon Sales
Sales & Business Development
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2023
About Mast Reforestation:
Mast Reforestation is working to make reforestation scalable. We combine tech and traditional forestry methods to reforest land affected by wildfires with forward-looking carbon offsets to fund it all. The company is a vertically-integrated provider of reforestation services to get projects up and running in weeks, not years: planning, the largest seed and seedling supplies in the West, massive nursery operations, and seeding and planting execution. To fund its operations and open new revenue streams for landowners, Mast Reforestation sells forward-looking carbon offsets that lock in CO2 removal for at least 100 years, among the first of their kind available on the voluntary offset market.
Mast Reforestation HQ: Ballard Brewery District, Seattle, WA
Silvaseed HQ: Roy, WA
Cal Forest HQ: Etna, CA
Team size: ~160
Clients: 3 of 5 largest timber companies, nonprofits such as The Nature Conservancy, Tribal Nations, state and federal agencies, small family forests
TL:DR? Check out this Ecopreneurs video by Salesforce.
If our work thrills and inspires you, we’d love to receive your application!
What you'll be doing:
Mast Reforestation is hiring a Senior Director of Carbon Sales to oversee origination, negotiation, and contracting of sales of carbon removal credits generated from Mast Reforestation’s portfolio of wildfire reforestation projects to corporate carbon offset buyers. The role will report to the VP of Carbon Markets and will have ownership over the carbon offsets sales program at Mast Reforestation. The Senior Director of Carbon Sales will be primarily external facing, tasked with identifying and engaging likely carbon removal buyers within target industries and coordinating the carbon sales program with Mast Reforestation’s project finance partner. The sale of carbon removal credits will provide critical finance to reforest after wildfire across tens of thousands of acres across the western US and generate millions of tons of carbon removal. The ideal candidate will have a 15+ year sales track record, preferably at a tech company, as well as a demonstrated interest or knowledge of forestry, natural capital, carbon markets, and climate change.
- Lead all aspects of carbon offset sales from Mast Reforestation’s portfolio of wildfire reforestation carbon projects.
- Drive inbound and outbound lead generation through industry research, in-person meetings, cold and warm sales calls/emails and networking events.
- Maintain sales pipeline within Salesforce.
- Develop subject matter knowledge of reforestation, carbon markets, and relevant carbon offset methodologies, in order to speak with authority to customers regarding Mast Reforestation’s reforestation projects and carbon offset products.
- Own contract negotiation for each sale, with support from outside legal counsel and internal stakeholders.
- Develop innovative sales contract structures that provide customers the opportunity to invest in carbon removal through reforestation.
- Collaborate with product, carbon, and marketing teams to refine and improve Mast Reforestation’s carbon offset messaging and pitch.
- Contribute to building profile and presence for Mast Reforestation amongst carbon offset buyers through participation in key events.
- Generate marketing collateral to support sales effort both on a “self-serve” basis and in collaboration with marketing and design staff.
- 15+ years of sales experience
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of forestry, natural capital, carbon markets, and climate change, and ability to acquire subject matter knowledge
- Comfortable generating business directly through outbound outreach
- Demonstrated excellence in achievement of sales targets throughout career
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a confident public speaker
- Experience in leading commercial negotiations and ability to influence and educate customers
- Experience and comfort drafting and negotiating term sheets, letters of intent, and contracts with support from external counsel
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a remote work environment
- Experience with CRM platforms like Salesforce
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up team environment
- Interest and ability to undertake travel 20-50% of the time.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management experience
- Effective computer skills, including Google Workspace
Mast Reforestation and its subsidiaries offer:
- Competitive salary
- Location-based compensation
- 75% health insurance coverage for Full-Time non-seasonal employees, including Medical, Dental & Vision insurance plans
- Company’s incentive stock options (ISO)
- Retirement saving plan: 401(k) and Roth 401(k)
- Commuter Benefits in eligible cities
- 6 paid holidays. Two shut-down weeks per year.
- Flexible PTO for Salaried employees. Generous PTO accrual for Hourly employees.
- Allowances for Work-from-home employees
- Relocation support for out-of-state employees
See more open positions at DroneSeed
Something looks off?