Area Manager - Chicago, IL
As a dynamic professional with robust leadership skills, strategic thinking, and a passion for operational excellence, the Robot Services Area Manager will play a key role in the continued and future success of new and existing Hospitals. Leading teams of Clinical Robot Technicians, Technical Support Specialist, and Clinical Robot Associates, you will be the point of contact of communication with internal and onsite stakeholders. This customer service/operations/management position requires someone dedicated to putting the customer first, managing people effectively, and excelling in creative problem-solving.
This role, based in Chicago, IL, demands frequent travel to multiple sites and reports directly to the Regional Manager.
What You’ll Be Doing/Responsibilities
- Leadership: Setting Goals and Modeling Teamwork
- Set clear goals for Robot Services teams aligned with organizational objectives.
- Develop organizational capabilities for continuous service functionality improvement.
- Model effective teamwork and communication across teams and departments.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately for effective on-site operations.
- Communicating with clients to ensure their needs are understood and addressed
- Area Managers will be expected to adapt and change with the role as the company sees fit.
- Planning and Execution: Driving Operational Excellence
- Develop and implement site-specific plans aligned with regional and organizational Robot Services initiatives.
- Meticulously manage day-to-day operations for seamless functioning of the robot services team.
- Manage shift schedules, time-off requests, and holidays for full coverage.
- Measure and report on key performance indicators to evaluate team performance.
- Follow up on plan execution to foster a culture of accountability.
- Strategically oversee and enhance monthly recurring revenue and gross margin performance across multiple sites.
- Business Requirements: Functional Expertise
- Utilize functional expertise to handle operational requirements for designated hospitals.
- Collaborate with Growth colleagues to assess and report on fleet utilization.
- Identify opportunities for fleet expansion and additional use cases based on business needs.
- Work cross functionally and effectively with other teams within a shared incentive structure
- Area Managers will be the liaison between the hospital and Diligent and will be expected to curate and present business slide decks to key internal/external stakeholders.
- Expertise in handling any client complaints, working to find solutions to any client issues and managing other departments to foster a positive client-company relationship.
- Partner Development & Team Building: Coaching and Feedback
- Onboard, train, and evaluate team members for skill development and retention.
- Foster a positive work environment and pride in organizational success.
- Organize quarterly team-building activities to strengthen cohesion.
- Build strong relationships with Diligent’s clients and key stakeholders.
- Preferred qualifications
- Applicable operations experience.
- Experience managing multiple sites/teams.
- Retail or healthcare experience (e.g., retail store management, clinical operations, clinical research, healthcare project management).
- Customer service industry experience.
- Experience with account and/or project management.
- Supervisory/Team Lead/Management experience.
What You’ll Need: To succeed in this role, you must demonstrate
- Effective Communication: Both for onsite stakeholder discussions and team members.
- Delegation: Properly assigning tasks to reliable team members.
- Organization: Being well-informed on everything that is going on.
- Dependability: Ensuring no action item falls through the cracks.
- Admirable Work Ethic: Willingness to be available, even on nights and weekends.
- Conflict-Resolution Skills: Handling team conflict with a positive, customer service-oriented attitude.
- Integrity: Instilling trust in your team and ensuring they trust you.
- Decisiveness: Making decisions independently when necessary.
- High-Touch Customer Service: Being a relationship management through-line.
- Creativity: Problem-solving with an ability to think outside the box for client needs.
- Time Management: Ensuring projects are completed on schedule.
This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of a cutting-edge robotics company, impacting healthcare operations across diverse hospital sites. If you are a strategic leader with a passion for operational excellence, we invite you to apply for this challenging and rewarding role.