VP of Operations
VP of Operations
What we’re doing isn’t easy. But nothing worth doing ever is.
Here at Diligent Robotics, we envision a future powered by robots that work seamlessly with human teams. We build artificial intelligence that enables service robots to collaborate with people and adapt to dynamic human environments. Join our mission-driven, venture-backed team as we build out our Executive Leadership Team.
As Diligent’s VP of Operations, you will lead a dedicated team of Engineers, Supply Chain specialists, and Technicians to produce our market leading robot, Moxi. The VP of Operations will be responsible for spearheading our Supply Chain processes and team as we plan for increased production in 2024. You will drive the success and continuous improvement of our Ops Engineering, Field Service Engineering, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing teams to achieve monthly and quarterly targets/KPIs. As a member of our Executive Leadership Team, you will partner with other Execs to develop and execute Diligent’s strategy to increasingly leverage contract manufacturing.
Within your first year you will:
- Manage the factory floor and implement improved processes to streamline and expedite our manufacturing workload.
- Evaluate our current Supply Chain efforts and propose improvements to how we interact with vendors, purchase and store inventory.
- Create and implement a strategy to employ LEAN methodologies for our Ops Engineering, FSE, QA and Manufacturing teams.
- Establish relationships with key vendors for contract manufacturing and create a roadmap to outsource pieces of our manufacturing workflow.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience serving as a multi-functional Leader in the space of Operations and Manufacturing.
- Experience managing Manufacturing teams in a factory setting, ideally in both a startup and enterprise environment.
- Expert level knowledge of Supply Chain functions.
- Hands on experience transferring internal Manufacturing processes to an External Vendor (Contract Manufacturing)
- Experience establishing and following LEAN (Six Sigma) practices
- Data Driven - relies on data collection and analysis to make key decisions
- Tech Savvy - enjoys learning new technologies and tools, wants to continuously learn