Backend Engineer III
What we're doing isn't easy. But nothing worth doing ever is.
We envision a future powered by robots that work seamlessly with human teams. We build the artificial intelligence that enables service robots to collaborate with people and adapt to dynamic human environments. Join our mission-driven, venture-backed team as we build out our customer-facing operations arm.
The Diligent Software Engineer - Backend (SDE III) works together with engineering teams, IT, and Platform to address unique business challenges through comprehensive solutions while taking into account monitoring and observability, reliability, and maintainability. In this role you will focus on building brand new backend architecture and data processing systems with minimal guidance. The engineer will work with a small, highly focused, and collaborative team. You will participate in On-Call rotation to maintain platform SLAs.
- Build backend integrations with cloud provider's managed databases and infrastructure (AWS and GCP)
- Work with the front end team to develop and integrate user-facing applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize for maximum speed and scalability
- Implement security and data protection
- Design and implement data storage solution
- Occasional off-hours, on-call work required
- Must have experience writing cloud-native, horizontally scalable systems.
- Must have 4+ years experience with a high level language. Proficiency in TypeScript or Python preferred.
- Must have experience in databases and storage technologies. Proficiency in SQL or non-SQL preferred.
- Must have an understanding of HTTP and experience developing on a REST, GraphQL, or gRPC system.
- Nice to have experience with compiled languages such as C#, a JVM language, or similar.
- Nice to have an understanding of OWASP security principles
- Nice to have an understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment