Day One Biopharmaceuticals
Brisbane, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is an emerging, mission-driven, drug development company intentionally designed to identify, clinically evaluate, and successfully commercialize novel treatments for pediatric oncology patients, and ultimately to expand those benefits to patients of all ages. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.dayonebio.com.
This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, growing, mission-driven biotech startup for an experienced Executive Assistant to provide high-level support to “C” Level Executives. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills to effectively manage administrative tasks as well as demonstrate the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant must hold personal accountability for maintaining a culture of high performance, creative problem solving, and highly-collaborative teamwork with all areas of the business while in line with Day One’s core values: urgency, ingenuity, integrity, compassion and excellence.
This position is based in the SF Bay Area and is required to be in the Brisbane HQ Office the majority of days, with some flexibility for remote work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Assistant's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Executive Leadership Team (ELT) Support
· Provide accurate and timely calendar management to ensure smooth day-to-day engagement
· Manage calendar conflicts, coordinate all scheduling requests (internal and external), schedule in-person and Zoom meetings. Anticipate needs ahead of meetings, conferences, engagements, etc.
· 1:1s with Executives – use regularly recurring time to understand Exec’s priorities and admin support needs, and provide proactive status updates on all outstanding requests, tasks and activities
· Manage ELT’s cadence of 1:1s with direct reports, skip level meetings or ad-hoc opportunities to meet with teams and key staff
· Manage and coordinate all travel and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas - domestic and international, ensure all logistics information is detailed, accurate and added to the Executive’s calendar proactively in addition to any preferred travel apps, compile documents for travel-related meetings
· Develop and maintain confidential list of preferences (e.g. travel, meetings, frequent / rewards #s, personal information etc.)
· Maintain discretion and tact due to the exposure of high levels of sensitive and confidential information
· Manage and submit timely and accurate expense reports and track down receipts as needed
· Manage logistics for departmental events (room blocks, venues, transportation, etc.)
· Ad-hoc department project support
Corporate HQ Support
· Support in-office employees, functional team meetings, catering requests and coordination of non-Bay Area visitors
· Support Facilities Manager and Event Manager for all HQ and All-Company Events, as needed (e.g. All Hands, Picnic, Holiday Party, Volunteer Events, Milestone Events, etc.)
· Act as a point person for ELT’s direct reports, building strong relationships across their teams to progress priorities
· Back up support for Facilities Manager
Admin Team Partnership
· Partner and collaborate with all members of the admin team to build strong cross-team relationships
· Meet regularly as a team to:
· Identify and develop solutions to shared challenges/opportunities
· Drive consistency and alignment in admin support across the functions
· Coordinate to ensure seamless office and admin coverage and support when a team member is out
· Represent your function to support community and culture
QUALIFICATIONS & CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
· Preferred Bachelor's degree
· At least 5 years of experience in providing support to high-level executives preferably at the "C" level suite
· High level of commitment, availability after hours and on weekends as needed
· Ability to take initiative with an innovative, creative approach
· Exceptionally organized with keen attention to detail with the ability to shift focus and priorities when necessary, under pressure and within deadlines
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; strong ability to inform and engage through written communications
· Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
· Professional, positive demeanor with experience in a role requiring a high degree of confidentiality
· Excellent problem-solving skills and resourcefulness; ability to follow-through and close loops
· Strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high level of responsibility and multiple priorities
· Energetic, enthusiastic, and interested in learning within a fast-paced, fast-growth organization
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with Advanced Outlook organizational skills.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $110,000 - $125,000. Day One considers a range of factors when determining base compensation. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Please visit https://www.dayonebio.com/benefits to see our competitive benefits.
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Day One Biopharmaceuticals will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or a sincerely held religious belief.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Day One Biopharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Day One Biopharmaceuticals or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Day One Biopharmaceutical’s internal HR team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Day One Biopharmaceuticals, and Day One Biopharmaceuticals will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.