Day One Biopharmaceuticals
Accounting & Finance
Remote · Sterling, VA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is an emerging, mission-driven, drug development company intentionally designed to identify, clinically evaluate, and successfully commercialize novel treatments for pediatric oncology patients, and ultimately to expand those benefits to patients of all ages. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.dayonebio.com.
The Accountant will be responsible for a wide variety of accounting responsibilities. The position requires that the candidate be a hands-on professional with a strong understanding of the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting. Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills and desire and ability to maintain strong SOX-compliant processes are also important. This position reports to the Assistant Controller. The role requires the Accountant to produce high-quality work while maintaining professionalism, attention to detail, an internal control mindsight, and the highest degree of integrity. An ability to communicate with internal team members as well as external business partners is essential. This role will report to the Assistant Controller.
This position has the potential to be fully remote. Occasional travel will be required for in person meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual close procedures
· Prepare general journal entries and account reconciliations
o Cash and investment activity
o Leases and fixed assets
o Purchasing and travel expenses
o Franchise Tax
· Support Clinical Trial accrual
· Prepare variance analysis
· Document and execute internal controls procedures
· Respond to internal and external audit requests, as required
· Assist with systems implementation projects
· Support external / internal financial reporting
· Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
· Ad hoc requests as needed
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
· 1+ years of Finance and Accounting experience
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
· CPA preferred
· Biotechnology experience preferred
· Sage Intacct and FloQast experience preferred
· Proficient in Excel
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to listen & build relationships
· Results orientated. High energy, self-starter
· Strong analytical and process improvement skills
· Highly collaborative and a strong team player
· Ability to adjust / function in ambiguity and solve problems in such an environment
· Understands the unique needs of their audiences and tailors the message accordingly
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $90,000. Day One considers a range of factors when determining base compensation. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Please visit https://www.dayonebio.com/benefits to see our competitive benefits.
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Day One Biopharmaceuticals will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or a sincerely held religious belief.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Day One Biopharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Day One Biopharmaceuticals or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Day One Biopharmaceutical’s internal HR team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Day One Biopharmaceuticals, and Day One Biopharmaceuticals will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.