Day One Account Manager - Southern California
Day One Biopharmaceuticals
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
DAY ONE ACCOUNT MANAGER – SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is an emerging, mission-driven, drug development company intentionally designed to identify, clinical evaluate, and successfully commercialize novel treatments for pediatric oncology patients, and ultimately to expand those benefits to patients of all ages. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.dayonebio.com.
The Day One Account Manager is critical in supporting the launch of tovorafenib and future product launches for Day One Biopharmaceuticals. Tovorafenib is Day One’s lead asset being studied in pediatric low-grade glioma. This role will contribute to the overall launch strategy and execution of tovorafenib in the US market, reports to a Senior Regional Business Director and will be 1 of 18 Account Managers in the country. We are seeking highly motivated, experienced professionals, who will significantly contribute to pre-launch planning, post launch execution, and inspire their teammates to achieve success.
This successful candidate must reside in the territory defined by Southern California preferably near a major airport. This position will be fully remote with frequent travel required for in-person meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Shared values / traits:
· Demonstrates urgency, ingenuity, integrity, compassion and excellence https://www.dayonebio.com/our-culture/
· Passion and drive to exceed sales targets
Believes in the mission and is a product champion for Day One
· Is an outstanding listener and great communicator
· Embraces a self-motivating, results-oriented, can-do attitude
· Sees obstacles as opportunities and proactively seeks solutions to overcome challenges
· Develops strong relationships and collaborations with both internal and external customers
· Develops account profiles and territory-level business plans for tovorafenib and all subsequent products with specific tactics aligned to the brand strategy and designed to meet or exceed goals
· Navigates large & complex accounts including Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
· Embraces new account development within territory
· Has history of positive experiences owning account plans while collaborating with field and home office colleagues
· Demonstrates the ability to analyze key market data points and applies insights into effective business planning
Representing tovorafenib and future products:
· Applies full understanding of the patient journey and engages with key multi-disciplinary care team partners across all relevant points in the journey
· Is a self-starter, tenacious in finding and helping patients through HCPs within territory
· Operates within a team or independently, with urgency daily to drive on-label product adoption and appropriate use
· Provides an elevated level of product expertise and customer service to all accounts
· Builds relationships with physicians, nurses, pharmacy, office staff and key thought leaders in assigned territory
· Demonstrates the ability to creatively gain “access” to customers in the modern landscape with an emphasis on in-person “access”
· Demonstrates effective time management by focusing efforts on engagements that drive brand value, and prioritizing activities that make a difference for patients.
Teamwork and collaboration:
· Engages full account care team, cultivates relationships, and looks to learn from others
· Fosters team effectiveness by sharing knowledge, experiences, information and celebrating wins along the way
· Cooperatively plans, budgets and is expert with company resources including exhibits, speaker programs, patient assistance and reimbursement programs in coordination with field-based and in-house colleagues
Compliance and professionalism:
· Represents the company in a highly professional and ethical manner and fosters the Company’s positive reputation and image
· Develops and executes strategies to reach HCP's and accounts in a compliant manner
· Utilizes sales reports and tools to understand impact of various tactics and refine plans
On-boarding / Training:
· Has ability to learn, analyze, understand, and clearly convey complex information
· Possesses deep desire to make the team better by sharing experiences and learnings
· Successfully completes all training classes and product certifications on-time and with full proficiency
· Understands key customers within the region, drivers of decisions, local market dynamics, and institutional protocols that influence treatment choices
· Shares insights and potential action plans within team and commercial colleagues
Sales Tools Utilization:
· Understands the strategy and intention of promotional tools for optimal use.
· Is an expert on the business analysis tools provided through Day One’s internal system and uses these to analyze territory business performance and planning.
· Daily in-person and overnight travel will include in-person visits with HCPs, clinics, hospitals
· Travel will also include National / Regional Meetings. Speaker Programs and Conferences
· Must currently reside in the territory defined by Southern California
· Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree a plus
· 5 years minimum account management / sales experience with success in the oncology and/or rare marketplace(s) strongly preferred, or 1+ years’ experience in the pediatric oncology setting, familiarity with pLGG marketplace a plus
· Experience with recent successful launches strongly preferred
· Demonstrated capability in account management, superior selling competencies and proven sales performance that exceeds goals
· Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with internal colleagues.
· Excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving skills required
· Must have outstanding communication skills; written and verbal, in-person and virtual
· Ability to flex between virtual and in-person engagements and develop business plans taking into account communication preferences
The successful candidate is required to maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance coverage.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary range for this position is $175,000 - $185,000. The compensation plan includes target bonus and equity. Day One Bio considers a range of factors when determining base and other compensation. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Please visit https://www.dayonebio.com/benefits to see our competitive benefits.
Day One is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Day One Biopharmaceuticals will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Day One Biopharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Day One Biopharmaceuticals or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Day One Biopharmaceutical’s internal HR team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Day One Biopharmaceuticals, and Day One Biopharmaceuticals will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.