Senior Security Engineer
Posted on Sunday, February 4, 2024
We believe AI will usher in a new era of human creativity, thinking, and innovation. Our generative AI platform is purpose-built to drive these outcomes for our customers, giving them the ability to design and create high-impact, high-leverage AI workflows that power their business.
Copy.ai makes AI accessible for all users, regardless of technical know-how. Our platform makes it easy to drive real business value from the latest large language models (LLMs) and help companies navigate their AI transformation journey.
We have over 10 million users, the backing of top tier venture capital firms (Sequoia, Craft, Wing, Tokyo Black), and an incredible tailwind of AI momentum and enthusiasm.
We have solid traction but are still a young company. This role is what you make of it, and your teammates and colleagues will help you every step of the way. You’ll look back on your time at Copy.ai and view it as the most impactful and highest growth phase of your career. There’s a lot to take on, but we trust that you’re up to the challenge.
Copy.ai is a fully remote company. All employees must be able to work 9am-5pm in their timezone, Pacific to Eastern.
We're looking for a security engineer to build our security stack as we continue to scale our platform and user base. This engineer will enable anyone looking to harness the power of Generative AI to do so safely. If you are passionate about security, like to go deep into security tooling, and take ownership of the security stack along with the corresponding results to drive risk reduction at scale - this position is for you. You’ll be our first hire in this domain and will report directly to our Head of Engineering.
What You'll Do:
- Own, build, automate, acquire, and manage the application and cloud security stacks.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated security solutions that streamline and optimize various security processes.
- As part of the engineering team, you will work to prioritize and remediate risk.
- Be a technical and subject matter expert while guiding risk remediation and reduction strategies.
- Detect, respond, and defend against threats to Copy.ai’s user base
- Build and optimize detection rules
- Own the Security Incident and Event Management, Case Management and Investigation processes
- Implement a recurring run of the security stack to meet risk, business, and compliance objectives.
- Weave security tools and their output into engineering workflows and processes.
- Stay up to date with emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and industry best practices.
- Continuously improve existing security automation processes and tooling to address new challenges and enhance defense capabilities.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure Copy.ai’s continued SOC 2 and GDPR security compliance.
- Work closely with the sales organization to meet the needs of our enterprise customers.
About You; You Have:
- 6+ years of proven experience as a Security Engineer or DevSecOps Engineer with a focus on security automation and tooling.
- A deep understanding of security concepts and protocols.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, bash, Typescript, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify security gaps and propose effective solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with a proactive and results-oriented mindset.
- Experience in Containers, AWS/Azure/GCP, vulnerability scanning, etc.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working at a high-growth startup or tech company.
- Experience with a wide variety of application security tools.
- GDPR / SOC II experience
Copy.ai is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
What We Offer 😎:
👫 A close-knit and collaborative early-stage startup environment where every voice is heard and every opinion matters; 40 team members as of 08/2023
💰 Competitive salary and stock option equity packages; We're a Series A startup
🏥 Excellent Medical Plans to choose from including HSA plans, PPOs, and HMOs from Kaiser and Aetna; Dental and Vision insurance; Copy.ai pays up to $700/month per employee for monthly premiums
🏠 100% REMOTE startup! Our team is distributed all over the US and Canada
🛫UNLIMITED PTO; We truly believe in work-life balance and that hard work should be balanced with time for rest and rejuvenation
📈 401k plan and automatic 3% employer contribution from Day 1!!!!
💻 Brand new work-sponsored computer
🏝 IRL / In-Person retreats throughout the year
Copy.ai Organizational Values:
⭐️ Customer focus
⭐️ Data driven