Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
We believe AI will be embedded in today's businesses and help people start tomorrow's businesses. Our SaaS product allows entrepreneurs, marketers, and copywriters to use the latest natural language processing (NLP) models to improve their communication and accomplish business goals.
Over 8 million users have signed up to use our application and we're eager to deliver more value for them. Investors in our recent $11 million Series A round include Zach DeWitt at Wing Ventures, David Sacks at Craft Ventures, Li Jin at Atelier Ventures, Alfred Lin at Sequoia, and 80+ other investors. In March 2022, Forbes identified Copy.ai as one of the language processing AI startups part of a billion-dollar wave.
We’re a scrappy startup so this role is what you make of it, but we’ll help you every step of the way. You’ll be able to look back and see your impact as we grow and evolve. There’s a lot to take on, but we trust that you’re up to the challenge.
Copy.ai is a remote company. All employees must be able to work 9am-5pm in any timezone Pacific to Eastern.
Copy.ai is excited to have the opportunity to scale out our enterprise accounts team. We are looking for a few Account Directors who will land and expand deals with prospective clients. You will own the pre-sale and post-sale relationships with current and prospective clients. You have a natural ability to captivate any person or audience and can creatively and tactfully sell our complex AI Workflow solution that will be custom-tailored to each client's needs. You understand and empathasize with clients, and you have a customer-centric approach. You are naturally high energy, passionate about GTM and love working cross functionally with the rest of the Copy.ai team.
What you'll do:
- Completely own both the sales cycle and the post-sale relationship nurturing, upselling, and cross-selling existing clients.
- You will be on the front-line with clients daily and will be readily available to meet (virtually) with clients globally across time-zones and across industries.
- You will become a subject-matter expert on Copy.ai’s AI products and solutions, particularly Workflows, and will be the go-to point of contact for all of your prospective and current clients.
- You will deeply understand each of your client’s needs and continue to expand our product offerings to them to continue to help them leverage AI to meet their goals.
- You will provide world-class service to every client and treat them with white-glove service.
- You will partner closely with the Solutions, Marketing, and Product Teams to ensure that we are delivering the best-in-class service to our clients, and are meeting every one of their needs and requests.
- You will own the entire customer relationship journey from first contact through each annual renewal and continue to be the client champion
- You will dog-food Copy.ai’s products and solutions and continuously provide feedback internally so that you can better have customer empathy and understanding.
About you; You are:
- You have >7+ years of progressive B2B SaaS tech sales and account management/customer success management experience
- You are customer-centric and relationship-oriented. You are naturally a magnetic GTM professional, and can captivate any audience and build personal relationships with every client built off of trust.
- You have extensive knowledge of how complex B2B enterprise SaaS sales work, and have extensive experience crafting clever custom solutions for niche clients and their unique needs.
- You are a world-class communicator both in verbal and written communication. You are articulate and concise, and always approach communication with the client and internal stakeholders with warmth and empathy.
- You are highly ambitious, a self starter, take initiative, and are driven results, metrics, and success driven.
- You are highly organized, detail oriented, and reliably make all of your external and internal meetings, obligations, and deadlines.
- Experience using Salesforce, GoogleSuite, Slack, Notion, and Zoom. Nice to haves: Outreach, SalesLoft, and Gong.
- Bonus: You are technically minded and have prior experience working in AI sales or account management for a similar organization
*Copy.ai is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.*
What We Offer 😎:
👫 A close-knit and collaborative early-stage startup environment where every voice is heard and every opinion matters; 40 team members as of 08/2023
💰 Competitive salary and stock option equity packages; We're a Series A startup
🏥 Excellent Medical Plans to choose from including HSA plans, PPOs, and HMOs from Kaiser and Aetna; Dental and Vision insurance; Copy.ai pays up to $700/month per employee for monthly premiums
🏠 100% REMOTE startup! Our team is distributed all over the US and Canada
🛫UNLIMITED PTO; We truly believe in work-life balance and that hard work should be balanced with time for rest and rejuvenation
📈 401k plan and automatic 3% employer contribution from Day 1!!!!
💻 Brand new work-sponsored computer
🏝 IRL / In-Person retreats throughout the year
Copy.ai Organizational Values:
⭐️ Customer focus
⭐️ Data driven