Global Order-to-Cash Leader
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Contentsquare is a global digital analytics company empowering the brands you interact with every day to build better online experiences for all. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global and distributed team – known as the CSquad – representing more than 70 nationalities across the world.
In 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding and were recognised as a certified Great Place to Work in France, Germany, Israel, US and UK.
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Contentsquare and Contentsquare team members. We’ll never initially contact you via text or GChat, and never solicit money from you. Please visit our careers blog for more information.
About the job
Reporting to the group’s VP Corporate Controller in the Finance organization, this position is interdisciplinary by design, requiring frequent interactions with Sales, Sales Operations/Deal Desk, Field Finance/FP&A, Accounting, Legal and various Operational teams across Contentsquare.
As a key steward of the Companys’ compliance, you will lead the Company’s entire Order-to-Cash (O2C) process globally, and ultimately be responsible for the group’s Revenue Recognition policy and process. To support you on this mission, you will lead and coordinate three teams of experts across the Order-to-Cash process: Sales administration & Billing, Revenue accounting and Cash collection.
You will play a crucial role in ensuring an excellent customer experience for both internal and external customers!
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for designing, formalizing, implementing and enforcing Contentsquare’s Revenue recognition policy and process, in line with International accounting standards and best-in-class practices prevalent in the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) industry
- Be responsible for all aspects of processing Sales Orders, Billing, Revenue Accounting and Cash Collection for all the Company’s revenue-related transactions globally
- Lead and coordinate three teams (Sales Admin & Billing, Revenue Accounting and Cash Collection) to ensure the entire Order-to-Cash process is seamlessly integrated, as automated as possible and ultimately effective in properly accounting for revenue and collecting receivables in a timely manner
- Ensure effective revenue recognition, billing terms and payment terms are being applied for all sales contracts in accordance with the Company’s standards, and assist the deal desk with reviewing non-standard transactions and contracts
- Play an active role in the leadership team of the Corporate Controller organization, alongside other peer leaders (AP, GL leaders, regional financial controllers, Reporting and Consolidation leader and Group Treasurer)
- Optimize the Cash Collection process, from Credit Risk scoring to Credit monitoring and effective collection and remediation, and regularly monitor Cash Collection KPIs (aging balance, DSO,...)
- Develop and improve O2C systems and operational processes. Take an active role, as O2C Business Process Owner, in the design and implementation of a new core finance ERP system based on standardized best practices approach.
- Collaborate with regional financial controllers to ensure the Company’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing is performed accurately and timely, in a Smartclose environment, while ensuring all internal control procedures are performed across your scope
- Support the integration of acquisitions in accordance with Contentsquare’s O2C process and policies, across Sales Administration & Billing, Revenue Accounting and Cash Collection
- Assist the external audit team regarding all quarterly and annual audit requirements
What you’ll need to succeed
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Professional French is a strong plus.
- Consistent track record leading Global or regional Order-to-Cash process (minimum 12-year experience), with an emphasis on Revenue Recognition and Revenue Accounting, ideally for a SaaS company, and in an international environment.
- Demonstrated experience in people management leading a team of O2C experts (minimum 5-year management experience)
- Demonstrated experience in supporting both O2C process optimization in fast-paced environments and integration of acquisitions into Group’s O2C standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work in a collaborative and interdisciplinary way
- Confirmed problem solving skills, in particular in ensuring compliance with the Company’s standards while maintaining constructive relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability, willingness and taste to work in a fast-paced global environment
- An eagerness to embody and bring Contentsquare values (Go Beyond; Love the Journey; Try, Learn, Grow; Be Yourself; In it together) to life in your own way
What makes you stand out
- Strong knowledge of revenue accounting under ASC 606 and / or IFRS 15
- Good knowledge of large ERP systems (such as SAP, Oracle, …) and of Salesforce (SFDC)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Focused on details with excellent analytical skills for data mining
Why you should join Contentsquare:
▪️ We’re humans first. We hire dedicated people and provide them with the trust, resources and flexibility to get the job done.
▪️ We invest in our people through career development, mentorship, social events, philanthropic activities, and competitive benefits.
▪️ We are a fast growing company with a track record of success over the past 10 years, yet we operate with the agility of a startup. That means a huge chance to create an immediate and lasting impact.
▪️ Our clients, partners and investors love our industry-leading product.
To keep our employees happy and engaged, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are a few we want to highlight:
▪️ Virtual onboarding, Hackathon, and various opportunities to interact with your team and global colleagues both on and offsite each year.
▪️ Work flexibility: hybrid and remote work policies.
▪️ Generous paid time-off policy (every location is different).
▪️ Immediate eligibility for birthing and non-birthing parental leave.
▪️ Wellbeing allowance.
▪️ Home Office Allowance.
▪️ A Culture Crew in every country to coordinate regular outings such as game nights, movie nights, and happy hours.
▪️ Every full-time employee receives stock options, allowing them to share in the company’s success.
▪️ We offer many benefits in various countries -- ask your recruiter for more information.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant
Contentsquare is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your personal data is used by Contentsquare for recruitment purposes only. Read our Job Candidate Privacy Notice to find out more about data protection at Contentsquare and your rights. You can exercise your rights by using our dedicated Data Subject Rights Portal here.
Your personal data will be securely stored in our hosting provider’s data center in Oregon (US West). We have implemented appropriate transfer mechanisms under applicable data protection laws.