Senior QA Engineer / Manual Implementation Tester
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Contentsquare is a global digital analytics company empowering the brands you interact with every day to build better online experiences for all. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global and distributed team – known as the CSquad – representing more than 70 nationalities across the world.
In 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding and were recognised as a certified Great Place to Work in France, Germany, Israel, US and UK.
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Contentsquare and Contentsquare team members. We’ll never initially contact you via text or GChat, and never solicit money from you. Please visit our careers blog for more information.
Who you are:
- Strategically minded quality assurance expert
- Comfortable ensuring quality deployment of customers’ SaaS product implementations
What you will do:
- Design and develop test plans and test cases for software products
- Analyze business requirements, and ensure that customers’ deployment meets those requirements
- Execute manual tests to ensure Contentsquare’s products meet customer requirements and quality standards
- Collaborate with the Implementation Engineers, Support, R&D, Implementation Managers, and Customer Success Managers teams to identify and resolve defects, track and report quality metrics, and ensure that software releases are delivered on time and according to specifications
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices, and recommend new testing tools and techniques to improve QA processes
- Mentor and provide guidance to Junior QA Engineers
- Occasionally join customer calls to provide input on QA tests performed
- Make suggestions to internal and external customers about best practices regarding the use of our products
On a typical day you may:
- Work with a Jira Kanban board, using Kanban methodology
- Assign tasks to yourself based on priority
- Conduct thorough tests according to specifications
- Provide extensive feedback on the test results
- Identify and direct product bugs to support
- Maintain and create documentation regarding processes and best practices
- Mentor Junior QA
- Work on strategic post-product development projects with implementation managers and engineers (e.g. Contentsquare Tag Configurator)
What you'll need to succeed:
- QA course certification or relevant experience
- Analytical skills
- Ability to write Specification documents
- Experience in creating test plans
- Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies, tools, and best practices
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to write clear, concise, and effective test cases
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with colleagues in different countries
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English, demonstrating adeptness in language skills and the ability to effectively engage with customers in a polished and professional manner
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience in testing apps (both Android and iOS) is a plus
Bonus: ISTQB certification4+ years of experience in Quality Assurance as Manual QA
Bonus: Familiarity with Jira
Why you should join Contentsquare:
▪️ We’re humans first. We hire dedicated people and provide them with the trust, resources and flexibility to get the job done.
▪️ We invest in our people through career development, mentorship, social events, philanthropic activities, and competitive benefits.
▪️ We are a fast growing company with a track record of success over the past 10 years, yet we operate with the agility of a startup. That means a huge chance to create an immediate and lasting impact.
▪️ Our clients, partners and investors love our industry-leading product.
To keep our employees happy and engaged, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are a few we want to highlight:
▪️ Virtual onboarding, Hackathon, and various opportunities to interact with your team and global colleagues both on and offsite each year.
▪️ Work flexibility: hybrid and remote work policies.
▪️ Generous paid time-off policy (every location is different).
▪️ Immediate eligibility for birthing and non-birthing parental leave.
▪️ Wellbeing allowance.
▪️ Home Office Allowance.
▪️ A Culture Crew in every country to coordinate regular outings such as game nights, movie nights, and happy hours.
▪️ Every full-time employee receives stock options, allowing them to share in the company’s success.
▪️ We offer many benefits in various countries -- ask your recruiter for more information.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant
Contentsquare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your personal data is used by Contentsquare for recruitment purposes only. Read our Job Candidate Privacy Notice to find out more about data protection at Contentsquare and your rights. You can exercise your rights by using our dedicated Data Subject Rights Portal here.
Your personal data will be securely stored in our hosting provider’s data center in Oregon (US west). We have implemented appropriate transfer mechanisms under applicable data protection laws.