Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
CompStak envisions a commercial real estate industry in which accurate and transparent data leads to better, faster deals for everyone. We gather critical information that is hard to access, then make it instantly and seamlessly available to our platform members.
Location: Belgrade. Hyrbid (three days per week in our office.)
We are looking for an Accountant to join our Accounting team located in our Belgrade office. This role will report directly to the team’s Accountant and requires candidates to be highly organized and detail-oriented. We are seeking someone passionate about accounting and interested in the challenges and opportunities associated with working at a fast-paced company.
- Assist accounting with both of the Company’s entities – Serbia and US.
- Manage Accounts Payable, including archiving and posting vendors’ bills, and reconciliation with vendors.
- Posting bank statements.
- Assist with the payroll.
- Manage Accounts Receivable, including customer billing schedules, customer invoices, and reconciliation of account receivable aging; assist with customer collection efforts.
- Assist with Accounts Payable, including vendor information, AP aging, and AP reconciliations.
- Month-end closing, including preparing journal entries, maintaining schedules, and reconciling key accounts.
- Maintain international independent contractors list and process monthly payments.
- Ensure compliance with corporate credit card policies.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience.
- Knowledge of Serbia Accounting Standards and either IFRS or US GAAP.
- Willingness to speak up when you see an issue or an opportunity for improvement.
- Willingness to say you don’t know something.
- English proficiency. C1 or above.
- Experience with NetSuite.
- Willingness to work from 10:00-18:00 or 11:00-19:00 either regularly or periodically.
- Experience with auditors.
Nice to Have:
Launched in 2012, we’ve built a network of over 30,000 brokers, appraisers and research professionals across the country, using a unique crowdsourced model. Our clients enjoy the foremost lease and sale transaction data combined with a robust analytics platform. CompStak’s unique data and intuitive platform is used by the world’s largest real estate investors, lenders, brokers and appraisers to compare properties, underwrite investments and loans, close deals and track market trends.
CompStak has over 100 team members in the US and overseas; and we continue to grow. We’re backed by top VCs and industry players like Morgan Stanley, Canaan Partners, IA Capital, Transamerica, Moody’s, RealPage, 500 Startups, and Daily Mail Group, and have raised over $75m to date. Our HQ is in New York City, we have regional offices in Atlanta, Chicago and Los Angeles, and we have an international office in Belgrade, Serbia.
We pride ourselves on an environment that is fun, collaborative, and rewards hard work. We look forward to the value that future employees will add to our amazing teams!
CompStak is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates employees and applicants of all identities, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We foster a welcoming work environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and we reject discrimination or harassment of any individual. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with any part of the application process, please let us know. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.