Blockchain Engineer (Solidity) - Commonwealth Labs
At Commonwealth Labs, we help lauch, grow, and participate in multiple networks. This post is for a portfolio project, the epinonymous Commonwealth Protocol, which helps $1B+ of projects shape how communities discuss, collaborate, and fund new initiatives.
We believe in a default open future: where decisions for communities and institutions alike are done transparently, where public goods funding is easily tracked, and anyone can participate in improving their organization. We believe that users and developers that constitute a network should benefit directly from the value they're helping create. Crypto, or blockchain, is the technology that enables this future. Blockchains are public computers that anyone can access, everyone can trust, and no-one can block or take down. The Commonwealth product stack is just starting towards this vision
We are looking for product-minded, user experience-driven engineers to join the small and mighty team building and maintaining the Commonwealth Protocol for collaborative crowdfunding. While built for EVM-compatible chains, we see a future in which this is deployed on multiple chains. This protocol is directly integrated the Commonwealth UI, a multi-chain community platform that lets any token holder and any token creator to find their community.
Almost all the work we do is open-source, and much of it is on a progressive tech stack developed by some of the best engineers in the world. And we're looking for someone to spearhead the continued development of Commonwealth Protocol.
Titles or years of experience don't matter to us – impact, authenticity, and values alignment do. We are now a remote-first team but mostly on ET so time zone alignment helps too :)
- Research and drive high-level decisions about Commonwealth Protocol architecture, incentive structures, and features
- Spec, implement, test, and audit protocol upgrades and additions
- Work effectively with a high degree of autonomy, within a collaboratively minded team
- Keep abreast of the nascent and rapidly evolving blockchain space, and introduce innovative functionality
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), research, data science, product management, executive leadership, and recruiting
- Gather and analyze Commonwealth usage statistics to identify and prioritize areas for improvement
- Be a steward and influencer of our early engineering culture
- Understanding of blockchain technology and cryptoeconomic protocols
- Ability to write very high quality, well-tested code
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the Commonwealth mission
- The ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack
- 2+ of knowledge of Solidity, assembly, and the EVM
- Experience in software engineering with a system programming language such as Rust or Golang.
- Experience building cryptographic and distributed protocols
- Additional cryptocurrency-based compensation
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision)
- Monthly mobile phone bill and transportation reimbursement
- Take vacation when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Work from anywhere in the world
Commonwealth is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.