Customer Success Manager
Common Room brings companies closer to their communities.
Today’s most successful organizations are powered by thriving communities of end users, but many struggle with visibility into this new growth engine. Common Room gives teams the ability to understand and take action on the engagement happening across digital channels to deliver better customer experiences, measure community impact, and drive business growth.
We’ve raised over $50 million from top-tier investors including Greylock, Index, and Madrona to build the community platform for modern SaaS companies. And we’re backed by 25+ operators from community-first organizations such as Figma, Stripe, Airtable, Slack, Notion, Loom, and more.
You + Common Room? You’d be joining a team that revels in asking hard questions, collaborating gladly, and making decisions quickly—a team that values simplicity, passion, trust, each other, and our customers above all.
So hello! Please, knock on our door. We'd love to meet you.
Why we need you:
Our customers are the heartbeat of our business, and we're looking for a scaled Customer Success Manager to help develop and drive strategic customer programs to help support, grow, and retain our customer base.
You’ll play a critical role in shaping our customer journey—focused on delivering scaled onboarding, adoption, and optimization programs that will empower our customers to be successful in using Common Room. You will become a trusted advisor to these customers, and serve as their internal advocate working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Product to ensure the voice of the customer is represented in all we do.
How you’ll contribute:
- Develop and implement programs that help customers achieve their goals while driving adoption and growth of Common Room.
- Conduct regular health checks on customer accounts and identifying opportunities to provide education, support, and guidance, through a mix of automated and personalized touchpoints.
- Analyzing customer feedback and usage data to identify trends, insights, and areas for program operationalization.
- Collaborate with Customer Education Manager to develop scalable content, webinars, and best practice documentation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within customer organizations, including executives, decision-makers, and end-users.
- Partner with internal product teams to ensure the voice of the customer is represented in product roadmap.
- Partner with Sales to manage renewals cycles, upsell opportunities, and custom service engagements.
You will enjoy being a member of our team if you:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in Customer Success or Account Manager role. SaaS experience is a benefit.
- Experience in managing and nurturing relationships through programs with a large number of customers.
- Experience in owning the renewal lifecycle of a customer (forecast management, quote generation, and negotiations).
- The ability to quickly build rapport with individuals and teams, naturally looking for ways to make processes easier.
- Self-motivated, proactive teammate with innovative ideas to inspire customer retention and adoption.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy building processes from the ground up.
- Be Customer-centric - We work backwards from the needs of our customers. The crisp articulation of customer value guides our decisions.
- Strive for Simplicity - We choose simplicity over complexity whenever possible. We seek to identify and understand the essential quality of what we are building.
- Make it Happen - We are quick to take the first step, and prioritize decisiveness over fear of making a mistake. We don’t confuse motion for movement and we measure ourselves on impact over actions.
- We’re In this Together - We measure personal success by the success of our customers and teammates. Relationships matter, and the strongest ones are built on the foundations of trust, enablement, and transparency.
Our investment in caring for our employees and their families is a key part of our values and culture at Common Room:
- Competitive base compensation with meaningful equity ownership
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- We pay 100% of your employee premium and 50% of your premium for any dependents
- Long Term Care insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Work from home policy including a laptop and support for your home office needs
- 401(k) self contribution
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- Opportunity to join a diverse, passionate, and fun team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
Common Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Something looks off?