Head of Revenue Operations
Common Room puts companies in the driver’s seat of the modern customer journey by helping them tap into the product usage trends, social intent, and community conversations that fuel growth.
Today’s fastest-growing companies are user-led, but many organizations struggle to identify meaningful user signals and take action with full context. Common Room brings together all the user activity you care about in one place so you can track the entire customer journey, spot the signal from the noise, and take action and automate.
We’ve raised over $50 million from top-tier investors including Greylock, Index, and Madrona to build the community platform for modern SaaS companies. And we’re backed by 25+ operators from community-first organizations such as Figma, Stripe, Airtable, Slack, Notion, Loom, and more.
You + Common Room? You’d be joining a team that revels in asking hard questions, collaborating gladly, and making decisions quickly—a team that values simplicity, passion, trust, each other, and our customers above all.
So hello! Please, knock on our door. We'd love to meet you.
Why we need you:
We are growing our customer base quickly and seeking an entrepreneurial founding revenue operations and strategy lead to conceptualize, build, and iterate on our growth infrastructure. If you thrive on extreme ownership, turning ideas into reality, cross-functional collaboration, and owning processes from ideation through execution, this role is tailor-made for you. This is a unique opportunity to act as a mini-coo, reporting to the CEO and working directly with leaders across the organization to impact both the strategy and execution of a fast growing business..
How You'll Contribute:
- Work directly with leadership to influence Common Room’s GTM strategy for the 1-3 year time horizon.Oversee and optimize the entire customer lifecycle, from lead generation to retention, ensuring a smooth and efficient journey.
- Lead the selection and management of technology stacks and tools that enhance revenue operations and provide critical business insights.
- Design and implement robust forecasting models to accurately predict revenue trends and inform strategic decisions.
- Drive core business cadences to monitor the health of the business (e.g., forecasting, pipeline reviews, QBRs)
- Develop and maintain best in class operating metrics and source of truth reporting, providing actionable insights to drive revenue growth and operational efficiency.
- Identify, own, and execute strategic initiatives to up-level and unlock growth, often working cross-functionally with sales, customer success, marketing, and product/eng.
- Foster a data-driven culture, ensuring that decisions and strategies are based on accurate and timely data.
- Drive continuous improvement by staying abreast of industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in revenue operations.
- 6+ years of experience in GTM Strategy, Business Operations, Sales Operations or related roles at a B2B SaaS company
- Experience working hands-on with CRM systems
- Excitement around building the revenue Operations function from 0→1, low ego and eager to be hands on in both strategy and execution
- Outstanding communication skills: ability to turn data into insights and tell the story to cross-functional stakeholders
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
- Bias towards action with the ability to quickly consider what long-term decisions must be made today and what can start as an MVP
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in investment banking or management consulting
- Experience with Looker or other data reporting and visualization tools
- Experience in strategic finance or FP&A
- Be Customer-centric - We work backwards from the needs of our customers. The crisp articulation of customer value guides our decisions.
- Strive for Simplicity - We choose simplicity over complexity whenever possible. We seek to identify and understand the essential quality of what we are building.
- Make it Happen - We are quick to take the first step, and prioritize decisiveness over fear of making a mistake. We don’t confuse motion for movement and we measure ourselves on impact over actions.
- We’re In this Together - We measure personal success by the success of our customers and teammates. Relationships matter, and the strongest ones are built on the foundations of trust, enablement, and transparency.
Our investment in caring for our employees and their families is a key part of our values and culture at Common Room:
- Competitive base compensation with meaningful equity ownership
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision, HSA and FSA
- We pay 100% of your employee premium and 50% of your premium for any dependents
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Work from home policy including a laptop and support for your home office needs
- Monthly Remote Stipend
- 401(k) self contribution
- Paid Family Leave
- Opportunity to join a diverse, passionate, and fun team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
Common Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.