Strategy & Operations Manager
We’re on a mission to reinvent the way people buy, sell, and own cars. Are you game?
Clutch is Canada’s largest online used car retailer, delivering a seamless, hassle-free car buying and selling experience to drivers everywhere. Customers can browse hundreds of cars from the comfort of their home, get the right one delivered to their door, and enjoy peace of mind with our 10-Day Money-Back Guarantee… and that’s just the beginning.
Named two years in a row to the Globe & Mail’s list of the Top Growing Companies in Canada and also awarded spots on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ lists, we’re looking to add curious, hard-working, and driven individuals to our growing team.
Headquartered in Toronto, Clutch was founded in 2017 and currently services Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors, including D1 Capital, Canaan, Real Ventures, BrandProject, and BMO. To learn more, visit clutch.ca.
About the role:
Clutch is looking for a Strategy Operations Manager to join our high-performing Finance & BizOps team! We work with every function at Clutch to deliver objective analysis and insights, drive cross-functional initiatives forward, and execute on strategic projects.
You are self-motivated, curious, analytical, and excited to support the growth of Clutch by tackling complex and ambiguous challenges using a broad set of skills and knowledge. You’re willing to step outside of your comfort zone and wear many hats in order to achieve results. You will report directly to the Head of Finance & Business Operations, but also work closely with executive leaders.
In this position you will have autonomy in managing and driving key operational and special projects across the business, and are expected to take full ownership from inception to execution. You will also be responsible for driving the operating rhythm of the business, and pushing forward strategic initiatives by synthesizing insights, making recommendations, building consensus among senior leaders, setting actionable plans, and monitoring performance.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the operating rhythm of the business (e.g., creating presentations for executive / board / internal team meetings, driving operating cadence, owning organizational communication)
- Analyze financial and operational data and communicating key insights to management to inform strategic decision making
- Run SQL queries in our application database to analyze operational data and help various business units measure and drive efficiency and conversion
- Build consensus among leadership across Clutch (including Operations, Marketing, Revenue, Supply, Product) to push forward strategic initiatives
- Execute on special projects including new product launches, margin expansion initiatives, and optimization of day-to-day operations
- Forecast and plan to help set company-wide objectives, analyze strategic rationale, and assess P&L impact of various business initiatives
We’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in strategy/management consulting, investment banking, corporate development, or 3+ years at a high-growth technology company in a BizOps, Strategic Finance, or Strategy role
- Proficiency with SQL is a major plus
- Willing to regularly commute to both our campuses in Toronto (60 Adelaide Street East & 223 Evans Avenue); this is NOT a remote job
- Analytical mindset (“good with the numbers”) + execution-driven attitude (not afraid to “roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty”)
- You are capable of producing financial models and high-quality presentations with minimal guidance or supervision
- Excellent proficiency with Google Sheets and/or Excel, Google Slides and/or Powerpoint
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and build strong working relationships
- Experience in a high-growth, fast-paced, and operationally intensive environment
- Strong attention to detail and track record of high quality output
- Comfort with ambiguity and an ever-evolving business environment
It’d be great if you have:
- Interest in cars is a plus
Why you’ll love it at Clutch:
- Autonomy & ownership -- create your own path, and own your work
- Competitive compensation and equity incentives!
- Generous time off program
- Health & dental benefits