Operations Manager, Atlantic Canada
We’re on a mission to reinvent the way people buy, sell, and own cars. Are you game?
Clutch is Canada’s largest online used car retailer, delivering a seamless, hassle-free car buying and selling experience to drivers everywhere. Customers can browse hundreds of cars from the comfort of their home, get the right one delivered to their door, and enjoy peace of mind with our 10-Day Money-Back Guarantee… and that’s just the beginning.
Named two years in a row to the Globe & Mail’s list of the Top Growing Companies in Canada and also awarded spots on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ lists, we’re looking to add curious, hard-working, and driven individuals to our growing team.
Headquartered in Toronto, Clutch was founded in 2017 and currently services Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors, including D1 Capital, Canaan, Real Ventures, BrandProject, and BMO. To learn more, visit clutch.ca.
About the Role:
We are looking for proven leaders who want to revolutionize car buying. The Operations Manager is a key member of the market’s leadership team and supports the market by driving team culture, local production, customer experience and service quality. The Operations Manager also supports the market’s General Manager and would be on a track to transition over time into the market’s Assistant General Manager role.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key player in delivering world class automotive production and retail operations within Atlantic Canada, supporting the management of all aspects of local operations and optimizing for efficiency
- Own and achieve production and revenue goals, driving execution to boost inventory turnover, customer satisfaction, and revenue in a highly competitive and fragmented market
- Help strengthen and grow the Clutch brand in Atlantic Canada
- Synthesize market feedback and recommendations for the GM
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor performance
- Recruit, build, and motivate a thriving ops team - you will help define hiring needs and be key in the local hiring process
- Collaborate and share best practices internally within Clutch to build for scale across the organization
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in operations consulting, strategy, finance or marketing, preferably at a high growth company
- Ability to quickly and succinctly prepare business cases with quantitative and qualitative support to enable management decision making
- Proficiency with creating documents that convey new strategic process flows and quantified desired outcomes with relevant metrics
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a get-it-done, bias-towards-action attitude
- Passion for leadership, teamwork and growing careers
- Quantitative by nature and obsessed with process improvement
- Data-first problem solver with sound business judgment and demonstrated operational excellence
- History of cross-functional collaboration and leading projects that deliver results via people that you do not directly manage
- Ideally, you have interest or experience in the automotive industry
Why you’ll love it at Clutch:
- Autonomy & ownership -- create your own path, and own your work
- Competitive compensation and equity incentives!
- Generous time off program
- Health & dental benefits