Solutions Engineer - USG
Capella Space is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. We’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
About the Role
Capella is looking for a Solutions Engineer to support our U.S. Government pre-sales efforts and help execute on government projects.
The US Government Solutions Engineer will be responsible for leading the technical conversations with U.S. Government customers and contractors, playing a critical role in the success of the Federal team and overall company. We’re looking for someone to take a forward-leaning role, leveraging their understanding of government customers (Federal, Civil, Department of Defense, and IC) to develop pathways to get the most out of our world-class SAR constellation.
This includes becoming an expert in the Capella end-to-end solution, delivering products that provide meaningful, timely, and mission-oriented results. The community we’re serving has a wide variety of unique use cases, and understanding this environment, government systems, and how our customers work with remotely sensed and geospatial data is key to communicating the value of Capella’s SAR capabilities. If you’re passionate about geospatial technology and want a dynamic role on the front line of customer interaction, then we’d love to hear from you.
This position is ideally located in the greater Washington D.C. metro area (VA, MD, DC) or Denver, CO Metro area and will be an integral contributor to our global solutions engineering team.
- Working on the Solutions Engineering team individually within Federal team pursuits/programs
- Conducting collection feasibility assessments for customer tasking campaigns, solution development, and strategy in relation to project pursuits
- Working with Capella data to create capability and use case vignettes, and the API to create examples of use cases and workflows
- Developing and conducting presentations alongside program managers to educate USG personnel of the technical capabilities of the Capella system (product offerings, demonstrations of the tasking and data delivery platforms and APIs, etc.)
- Implementation, training, and some technical support to USG customers in gov’t facilities
- Collaborating on technical proposal and instructional material in support of USG programs
- Working alongside and with product and engineering managers at Capella to develop offerings for DoD and IC customers.
- Some travel (~20-30%) to various US federal facilities, Capella HQ, regional events and conferences
- Background of working with geospatial and/or remote sensing technology (SAR, EO, LiDAR, etc.)
- Experience working with Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) or EO data preferred
- A strong understanding of remote sensing systems and/or satellite operations
- Ability to translate technical customer requirements into prioritizations for the product and engineering teams
- Self-starter, great communicator, and strong technical skills - able to work independently and juggle multiple projects
- Excellent communication, writing, and cross-team collaboration skills
- Clear documentation skills and ability to respond to written requests in a concise and effective manner
- Some experience or interest in developing proof-of-concept frameworks to demonstrate unions between multiple solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or an equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Some experience in technical proposal development or project management
- Some experience using government oriented Remote Sensing and GIS tools
- Some experience working with APIs, Python, or other geospatial toolboxes
- 5+ years’ experience working with the US government and DoD/IC
- Some experience collaborating with engineering teams and customer teams to support adoption of complex product features and capabilities
This position requires special access to conduct the work and the selected candidate must be a US Citizen with an active Top Secret SCI U.S. Government security clearance.
$124,900 - $187,300
Salaries will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills.
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Health Care, Dependent Care FSAs
- Commuter/Parking Flex Spending
- Flexible vacation policy
- In-office lunch program
- Dog friendly offices