Sales Engineer APAC
Capella Space is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. We’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
About the Role
Capella is looking for a Sales Engineer to support the APAC Region in technical pre-sales efforts.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for leading the technical conversations with potential new customers, partners, and resellers, playing a critical role in the success of the sales team and overall company. We’re looking for someone to take a forward-leaning role, leveraging their understanding of customers in defense, environmental, and civil applications to develop pathways to get the most out of our world-class SAR constellation.
This includes becoming an expert in the Capella end-to-end tasking solution, delivering products that provide meaningful, timely, and mission-oriented results. The community we’re serving has a wide variety of unique use cases, and an understanding this environment and how our customers work with remotely sensed and geospatial data is key to communicating the value of Capella’s SAR capabilities to these customers. If you’re passionate about geospatial technology and want a dynamic role on the front line of customer interaction, then we’d love to hear from you.
This position is Remote and located within the APAC region, with preference to Australia and Singapore, and will be an integral contributor to our global sales engineering team.
- Working as part of the Sales Engineering team in a Sales / Solutions Engineer role in the APAC regions, including some US Government support
- Participating in Sales calls along account executives to inform customers of the technical capabilities and aspects of the Capella system and product offering, including demonstrations of the tasking and data delivery platforms and APIs
- Conducting feasibility assessments for potential sales efforts and customer tasking campaigns
- Working with Capella data and the API to create examples of use cases and workflows
- Development of technical proposal and instructional material in support of sales and reseller efforts
- Training and providing technical support to Capella resellers and key customers within the territory
- Developing and conducting presentations in support of Capella Sales efforts
- Assisting account executives with Capella solution and offering development and pricing strategy in relation to business pursuits
- Working alongside and with product and engineering managers at Capella to develop future offerings for customers in-region
- Some travel (~20-30%) to various customer and reseller facilities, Capella HQ, and key regional events and conferences
- Self-starter, great communicator, and strong technical skills - able to work independently with low oversight and juggle multiple projects
- Excellent communication, writing, and cross-team collaboration skills
- Clear documentation skills and ability to respond to written requests in a concise and effective manner
- Background of working with geospatial and/or remote sensing technology (SAR, EO, LiDAR, etc.)
- Some experience or interest in developing proof-of-concept frameworks to demonstrate unions between multiple solutions
- Ability to translate technical customer requirements into prioritizations for the product and engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or an equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Some experience collaborating with engineering teams and customers teams to support adoption of complex product features and capabilities
- Some understanding of satellite remote sensing systems and/or operations
- Some experience working with Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) or EO data
- Some experience in technical proposal development or project management
- Some experience using government oriented Remote Sensing and GIS tools
- Some experience working with APIs, Python, or other geospatial toolboxes
- 3+ years’ experience working in the geospatial community
This position requires fluency in the English language.