Spacecraft Test Technician
Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and empower decision-makers with timely information and analytics. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger. Veterans are welcome!
We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
About the role
Capella Space is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Spacecraft Test Technician to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for performing tests, troubleshooting, and maintaining spacecraft systems. You will work closely with engineers and other technicians to ensure the successful testing and operation of spacecraft.
- Perform functional and performance tests on spacecraft systems
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues with spacecraft systems
- Maintain and calibrate test equipment
- Collaborate with engineers to develop and execute test plans
- Document test results and provide feedback to the engineering team
- Assist in the assembly and integration of spacecraft systems
- Follow safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized work area
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in spacecraft testing
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives
- Support other technicians and engineers as needed
- Associate degree in a relevant technical field
- 3+ years of experience in spacecraft testing or a related field
- Strong knowledge of spacecraft systems and testing methodologies
- Experience with test equipment and tools
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings or weekends as needed
Compensation Range: $83,200 - $124,800
Salaries will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills.
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Health Care, Dependent Care FSAs
- Commuter/Parking Flex Spending
- Flexible vacation policy
- In-office lunch program
- Dog friendly work environment