Senior Backend Software Engineer
Canopy is a fast growth early stage startup looking for a Senior Backend Engineer. In this role, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You’ll get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales, and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points. You might work on projects like:
- DataDirect (https://learn.canopyservicing.com/datadirect)
- LoanLab: A tool to help stakeholders understand how accounts in the system change when events occur
- Sandbox Time Travel (https://roadmap.canopyservicing.com/sandbox-time-travel)
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems. You’re comfortable dealing with lots of moving pieces, have exquisite attention to detail, and are motivated in learning new technologies and systems.
The base salary range for this role is $170,000-$190,000 US dollars for candidates who reside in the United States. Compensation is commensurate with experience as well as location.
- Design and contribute to large-scale systems to unlock innovative lending products.
- Propose and lead technical projects that align with Canopy’s broader initiatives.
- Intimately work alongside product and operations to craft the best lending experiences possible.
- Contribute to engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Be responsible to our partners and their customers for the accuracy and effectiveness of the infrastructure, products, and tooling we provide.
- Enjoy and have experience improving product experiences and building backend systems.
- Think about systems and services from a customer perspective and write high quality code. We work mostly in Node.js (TypeScript) and SQL and are big fans of the AWS ecosystem. However, languages can be learned; we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems.
- Prefer working collaboratively with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
- Measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code; and do so in a way that embodies our core values.
- Be able to work autonomously and take ownership of projects from start to finish.
- A culture of growth – Get in now and grow with us!
- Equity as part of our competitive comp packages
- Flexible Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave Policy
- 401(k) matching
- Monthly stipends for employee wellness and food
- Excellent health, vision, and dental package
- Home office set-up package
- Yearly team offsite somewhere fun
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but feel your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Canopy is a modern platform for managing and servicing loans. Our flexible, API-first architecture ensures any brand can embed financial products, bring those products to market quickly, and support borrowers with world-class service in a highly secure and compliant way.
With Canopy’s API and CanopyOS, fintechs, banks, and credit unions can improve borrower repayment rates, increase net promoter scores, and decrease the cost of servicing for lending and credit card products.
Canopy is a values-based business that believes we can have a huge impact and do it in a way that we all are proud of. We value empathy towards our customers, our teammates, and ourselves. Individuals that have a history of and enthusiasm for transparency, and who understand the importance of gratitude and celebrating every step forward (and the occasional step backward), will do well here.
Something looks off?