Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Bond's mission is to accelerate the pace of financial innovation and access to capital.
Today, it's difficult for many businesses to build the financial products they imagine. Whether that's launching a new credit or debit card, a savings account, a lending business, or anything else — there are barriers in the way. Bond is focused on helping brands, businesses, and banks hurdle over those roadblocks.
Bond makes it easy for businesses to compliantly offer financial products. We make integration to the myriad, often-antiquated financial vendors more streamlined and intuitive. And, we make regulatory compliance not only achievable, but accessible. Our platform streamlines the process of launching and iterating on financial products, thereby enabling digital brands to better engage their customers with unique financial products tailored to their needs.
At Bond, we value leadership and believe everyone is a leader. We look for people who operate like owners, who love to learn, have grit, and operate with integrity and empathy. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out — and set you apart. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions.
Bond’s Platform team enables developers to quickly build robust, scalable, and performant products. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Platform team, you’ll be directly responsible for the infrastructure, tooling, and foundational services that application teams build upon to ship products to customers, while also providing guidance to application engineers on building products that effectively utilize Bond’s infrastructure.
- Lead and own major initiatives to improve monitoring, stability, and security of Bond’s infrastructure
- Conduct research and analysis on the performance and scalability of Bond’s systems and applications
- Architect and build shared systems and services that will be used across engineering teams
- Set and maintain high standards of technical excellence across the team
- Contribute to maintaining Bond’s technical compliance commitments
- Achieve operational excellence by participating in the team on-call rotation and owning production issues from root cause analysis to resolution
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders on projects impacting the broader engineering organization
- Estimate project timelines, ensuring that projects you own stay on track and escalating as needed
- Mentor junior engineers and help hire new talent in order to build a stronger team
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience in Software Engineering or DevOps roles
- Experience leading Platform and DevOps projects while setting and maintaining high standards of technical excellence across your team
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, and a history of working effectively with your team and cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience with our tech stack, which includes Python (Flask & Django), Kubernetes, CircleCI, Spinnaker, Terraform, Fastly, and Datadog
- Experience building infrastructure or applications on top of major Cloud providers like AWS
- Experience or interest in building data pipelines that span multiple systems
- Experience or interest in FinTech or banking systems
Bond is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.