General Manager (Sacramento or Seattle)
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The General Manager is the P&L owner and primary team development champion for a subset of markets. The GM sets the ongoing strategy for maximizing revenue city profitability; specifically, ensuring we have vehicles ready and in the right places to maximize revenue. This position is responsible for oversight of in-region KPIs and for leading or contributing to cross-functional strategy work groups aimed to improve the operational capabilities of the business. This is a leadership role within Bird both in supporting the right business outcomes for Bird as well as driving the development and progression of their direct reports.
- Manage a minimum of a five person team tasked with driving hitting forecasted goals and the right business outcomes for their designated markets. This role is in charge of driving professional development for their team through routine feedback and candor.
- Key decision maker for their book of business, driving growth to topline revenue and efficiency to bottomline city profitability targets.
- Strategic leader driving relationship management strategy with city stakeholder relationships and Fleet Manager relationships while driving the best outcomes for the Bird business.
- Leads or influences cross-functional "sprints" and special projects to accelerate the success of the business including hardware, product, supply chain, inventory, growth, customer experience & support, government relationships, and sales.
- Operational expert with ability to lead all roles that report into the GM with empathy by getting into the weeds with their team as they focus on FM customer experience, regulatory compliance, utilization and growth initiatives, inventory management, etc.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- 7+ years of work experience in operations, strategy, supply chain, and/or consulting
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Extremely high EQ
- Ability to lead & influence in a cross-collaborative environment
- Data driven, driving the right outcomes from data back decision making
- 25% travel
- Strong academic background with top tier MBA
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Something looks off?