Government Partnerships Manager (Canada)
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The Government Partnerships Manager owns the relationship with our external partners from start to finish, including the strategy, outreach, and critical growth of our cities and universities. In this role, you will be exposed to a variety of functions, including regulatory negotiation, sales, account management, government relations, and PR. You will be the primary Point of Contact for our external partners and work cross-functionally to create and implement strategies that yield high impact results on our ridership and net revenue.
- Work at a high level with our key city and university partners
- Create high impact strategy designed to improve ridership, strengthen relationships with key partners, and maximize net revenue
- Work with our Pursuits team on RFP proposals and submissions to both address the unique needs of each of our partners and improve our city commitments
- Guide regulatory change to improve overall quality of service delivery and rider experience
- Speak at public gatherings or government meetings to champion Bird and alternative transportation
- Grow our business into new markets through outreach and sales into city governments
- Engage in onsite demonstrations and presentations of our technology and services
- 5+ years experience in Sales or a Government Relations role
- Open to travel as necessary to meet with City stakeholders
- Experienced public speaker, comfortable communicating your message and responding to tough questions from all audiences- from community groups to high-ranking elected officials.
- Ability to think on your feet- to quickly synthesize and respond to new information while also continuing to drive your priorities- both one-on-one or when presenting publicly.
- An ability to lead and manage shifting assignments and multiple projects at the same time
- Experience with Salesforce
- Knowledge of municipal government sales/procurement
- Experience with some data interpretation/analysis
- Contract review/interpretation experience
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Something looks off?