Operations Associate (EST or CST Timezones)
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The Operations Associate role is the owner for a subset of sub-regional market KPIs with an expectation to monitor and improve those KPIs which ultimately impact both top line revenue and bottom line city profitability. This role is a team leader on data analysis as well as the General Manager’s key employee for support on root cause identification, presenting findings, and executing the city relationship strategy. As a member of the city operations team, Operations Associates are main contributors to cross-functional work streams & ensuring the company operates with a Fleet Manager Centric view point.
- Contributes to projects that improve both topline revenue and bottomline city profitability for designated markets
- Conducts fundamental data analysis and presents on findings to identify root cause issues and areas of improvement. Contributes to
- Takes ownership over key business metric area with expectation to manage metric to forecasted target through continuous monitoring, process innovation, SOP development, standardization and adoption - i.e. Utilization & Market Growth, Regulatory Compliance & Backend Systems Management, etc
- Live our company value of Fleet Manager Centricity by building relationships with Fleet Managers and driving empathy and best results for their experience
- Collaborates in cross-functional "sprints" and special projects to accelerate the success of the business including product testing, city proposal drafting, inventory management, KPI triage, etc.
- Supports city relationship building through engaging with city program administrators to address city requests and develop proactive relationship strategy, collaborates to execute local events, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years in operations, strategy, supply chain, and/or consulting
- Experienced Data Analysis (Tableau, SQL, Sheets)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Capable of influencing others and ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners
- Up to 25% travel
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Something looks off?