The Electrical Engineer 4 will work directly as a member of a new product development team, applying their expertise to deliver a novel, integrated system to solve immediate customer challenges. They will at times work independently on pieces of systems, or with other engineering disciplines to ensure a cohesive system design. The candidate must be skilled at designing, fabricating, and testing new designs, as well as launching new products into production and supporting systems fielded at customer sites. We expect our team members to take poorly or partially understood problems and develop pragmatic solutions quickly and independently.
- Internalize the notion of ownership, display the qualities of a self-starter and proactive problem solve on a crossdisciplinary product team to advance designs from conceptualization to customer acceptance.
- Design practical solutions to meet constraints and requirements, considering issues of manufacturability and future maintenance.
- Design and execute tests to disambiguate between candidate solutions and find the best approach.
- Develop production and support documentation including bills of material (BOMs), assembly drawings, and maintenance instructions.
- Travel to suppliers and customers as necessary to support build and installation of system.
- Work with suppliers, contract manufacturers, and shippers to guarantee on-time delivery and deployment for fully assembled, functional, and tested electromechanical systems to customer facilities.
- Perform test and verification of prototype systems.
- Perform system design analyses, including reliability, design-for-manufacture, design-for-assembly, cost-takeout, etc.
- Support large deployed fleets of robots leading root cause analysis and failure prevention.
- Working with and leading technician teams.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical Engineering
- Four or more years of related work experience, preferably advancing designs from initial concept through initial production in industries such as material handling, process automation, piece part automation or semiconducton.
- Experience designing electrical control panels with voltages up to 48VDC, 480VAC 3F, and associated transformers, fusing, wiring and connectors. Including detailed power design, specification of facility power requirements, and integration with facility power.
- Familiar with regulatory agency (UL, NFPA, etc.) requirements and experience designing with industrial safety devices (specification and wiring).
- A detailed understanding and ability to trouble shoot of analog, digital and power electronic circuits, including static, noise, ground noise, EMI/EMC and supply noise.
- Experience developing and maintain electrical designs in AutoCAD.
- Circuit analysis including AC, DC, frequency and time domain.
- Use of lab tools including DMM, Oscilloscope, Current Meters and Logic/Bus Analyzer.
- Knowledge or experience with PLCs using TIA Portal or CODESYS.
- Able to work with customers and contract manufacturers
- High level of technical writing proficiency (specs, test plans, reports, white papers, etc.)
Will travel be required? If Yes, what % of time: up to 10%