Senior Robotics Support Engineer
Responsible for providing advanced level technical support for all Berkshire Grey products that are in production and in commissioning phases. This person provides engineering level resolutions for hardware/software/system issues and is the escalation point into engineering. This position is also the escalation point for frontline technical support engineers, does forensic data analysis, and addresses issues in a defined process to ensure resolutions/solutions can be administered quickly. This position plays a critical role in providing the highest level of technical support to our customers.
Team Member Responsibilities:
- Applies technical support expertise to resolve customer issues. Responsible for supporting frontline technical support engineers and customers via telephone and/or email, for all Berkshire Grey products.
- Uses troubleshooting tools, scripts, and/or analytical practices to help determine the best way to resolve identified and unidentified problems.
- Leads efforts in facilitating problem recreation and failure analysis of systems level issues.
- May provide tools, scripts, workarounds or software to Deployment Teams, Field Technical Specialists, and/or customers to solve critical hardware/software/system issues.
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolutions to frontline technical support through tech talk training sessions.
- Contributes to a centralized resolution database and may provide senior or expert level contributions, similar to an engineering function, for all Berkshire Grey products.
- Sphere of influence extends into engineering, product management, sales and leadership.
- Works closely with Engineering to provide data on bugs identified and assists in prioritizing the customers issues. Captures data and reports findings with detailed documentation to ensure the problem is correctly identified and defined.
- Team member is highly analytical with extreme attention to detail and has the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically and accurately.
- As a 24x7x365 organization, this position is open for 1st shift, or 2nd shift or 3rd shift.
- Responsible for overseeing alerts in the Network Operations Center (NOC) and to proactively mitigate any critical issue that signals an outage.
- Conducts monthly analysis of these issues and provides guidelines to engineering and product management to eliminate these issues in future releases.
- Develops and maintains emergency plans to address equipment, power, or security failures to ensure the preservation of customer technology and data.
- Manages the customer ticketing process in Salesforce and engineering related issues in Jira.
- Works with frontline technical support engineers to create work orders to deploy 3rd party Hardware Response Teams as required.
- Tracks metrics on part failures/frequency and provides feedback to Supply Chain.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in computer engineering
- Requires 3+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 1+ years with a Master’s degree with a focus on hardware/software/system solutions.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Has the ability to remain calm under duress.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills, with the ability to competently discuss complex technical issues with deployment, engineering (software/hardware), leadership and customers.
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge and/or working experience with tools such as ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues.
- Linux (Ubuntu) experience at a system admin level
- ROS – Robotic Operating System experience
- Ability to troubleshoot AD, LDAP, SSL, Remote Access, VPN, DNS issues.
- Intuition of Robotics
- Sensor fault troubleshooting
- Calibration drift
- Troubleshoot HMI (Human Machine Interface) issues
- Process health
- CEPH storage
- Network troubleshooting
- Machine Learning
- Computer vision and AI
- Motion planning
- Docker/ Kubernetes
- Computer experience in (Python, C++, Java) programming
- VCS (Git)
- Ability to troubleshoot NoSQL and/or SQL Database issues