Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer
Bedford, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
- Troubleshoot and maintain electrical and mechanical systems and components and return to serviceability
- Install and repair sensors, motors, gearboxes, robot end tools, mechanical systems, and controls.
- Calibrate and adjust novel and industry-standard mechatronics components.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical diagrams including complex automated system drawings
- Perform preventative maintenance of robotic and process support equipment
- Assist automation team in the qualification process of automated systems
- Records procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or method
- Maintain continuous system operation by adjusting, repairing, replacing, or modifying automation/robotic system components
- Maintains software, documentation and equipment to the latest revision or operational specifications
- Minimum 4 years' experience working in manufacturing operations as a technician/mechanic
- Foundational mechanical and electrical knowledge and understanding
- Basic familiarity with PLCs, logic, and uploading of code
- Understanding of automated manufacturing principles and techniques
- Strong awareness of safety
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical diagrams including complex automated system drawings
- Ability to monitor the process and show an awareness of issues and demonstrate corrective actions to address those issues
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with customers, management, peers, and direct reports
- Well versed in the use of precision measuring devices and inspection tools
- Proper usage of power tools and measuring equipment
- Experience with material-handling or related warehouse automation equipment including conveyor systems, robot arms, photo-eyes, proximity sensors, VFD drives, barcode scanners, safety controllers.
- Familiarity running Windows tools to update/edit custom device firmware
- Hands-on individual with excellent electro-mechanical aptitude, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with industrial electrical work involving 220-480v hardware & standards
- Understanding of electrostatic discharge (ESD) effects and concerns
- Previous experience maintaining and repairing robotics and production equipment strongly desired
- This role requires regular on-site work in our Bedford, MA headquarters. This is not a remote position.
- 2 year associates degree in a related field or better