Senior Manager, Customer Success
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Bellhop is one of the fastest growing companies in the $30B moving and home services market and is on a crusade to transform the industry into a space that's more trustworthy, reliable, and fun. We do this by combining our tech-enabled logistics management platform with an outstanding crew of movers and drivers to deliver a more enjoyable experience. You will collaborate with a top-notch team of engineers, product managers, operations strategists, and sales agents, allowing you to contribute significantly to our growth trajectory. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer service in a space that's known for letting you down - and we do that one high five move at a time.
This is where you come in…
The Senior Manager of Customer Success is a member of the Customer Operations organization within Bellhop. The Customer Success team manages the full post-sale customer lifecycle of our Long Distance and Partnership customers: from pre-move success checkpoints to ensure a smooth move day, to monitoring and resolving any unexpected issues that may arise on move day, to delivering thorough follow up post-move to ensure a high-five experience.
This individual is responsible for implementing a framework for scalable end-to-end relationship management processes, leading and managing a team of Customer Success Agents, and finding new ways to drive value for key customers and partners.
This role brings strategy, authentic empathy, structure, and urgency when needed to ensure that Long Distance and Partnership customers have a positive experience with Bellhop. The ideal candidate brings emotional intelligence, a can-do approach to problem solving, and good humor to build strong rapport with high-value customers and internal stakeholders. This individual should have experience working on highly cross-functional service teams, collaborating with teammates to solve complex logistical challenges, and an intent eye for detail.
- Own and drive performance towards key targets as set by the company, with particular focus on: Customer Satisfaction (CSAT), Customer NPS, Move Day Incident Rate, Calls / Hour (Agent Efficiency), Additional Services Attach Rate (as data becomes available)
- Manage and visualize data around customer and Partner account performance, identifying opportunities and risks, and finding new ways to deliver value for customers, Partners, and the company
- Become an expert in the moving industry, and use that expert knowledge to advocate for a best in class customer experience
- Advocate on behalf of customers and operators to drive product and service improvements
- Design and implement efficient, replicable processes to ensure scalable delivery of a personalized customer experience
- Build trusted relationships with customers to guarantee high satisfaction and increase utilization of Bellhop services with our highest value Partners and customer groups
- Lead and mentor a team of remote Customer Success Agents to ensure high performance, achievement of individual, team, and company goals, and employee satisfaction
- Collaborate with other teams such as Customer Support, Marketing, Sales, Business Development, and Market Operations to resolve emergent service issues and translate learnings into process improvements
- Develop and oversee the execution of customer success processes, outlining critical success factors and metrics for success while improving team efficiency and capacity
- Partner with the Vice President, Customer Operations and Experience and other departmental leaders to define, operationalize, and optimize the customer lifecycle journey
- Manage and own customer relationships directly for top tier customer and Partner accounts as needed
- Manage and own customer escalations from priority customer and Partner accounts as needed
- Most Bellhop customers choose to move during the summer months and on weekends. As such, some weekend work is expected during peak business windows.
- 7+ years managing Customer Success teams using a defined set of analytical KPIs to drive the direction of your direct reports
- Demonstrated success delivering on quarterly customer sentiment, adoption and retention, and revenue expansion targets
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and highly collaborative role in a logistically-focused space
- Experience using software tools such as Tableau, Zendesk, Google Suite, Zapier, and Slack to build out automation-driven workflows and processes
- Strategic and self-sufficient problem solver, capable of wrangling data when needed and building informed and efficient customer success processes to deliver on organizational objectives
- Experience leading a team of Customer Success Agents: training, coaching, and developing each team member, offering strategies and tactics to help them grow and drive towards individual and team targets
- SQL proficiency strongly preferred
While each member of our team has a specific, clearly defined role, we’re all connected by a strong set of values that’s been developed to build long-term relationships, foster advancement, and guide the decisions we make. We want each individual at our company to grow as we grow. And so we invest in their professional development and support them as they learn new skills and take on bigger challenges.
To bring out the best in our people, each day we encourage and celebrate:
Innovator’s Mind. We're driven to identify opportunities and create solutions to better serve our customers. We learn from mistakes quickly.
Servant’s Heart. We're devoted to caring for others by putting them first and treating them as we'd like to be treated. We approach life with optimism, energy, and lightheartedness. We always give more than we take.
Winning Drive. We're committed to getting things done the right way even if it's the hard way. We relentlessly raise the bar in our efforts.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOP?
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives. Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people. Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you’ll have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart. We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other. We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Benefits to Enjoy Include:
Dental, Medical, & Vision insurance
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Unlimited Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Bellhop believes if we want to build a company that works for everyone—we must include everyone, which is why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Bellhop strictly prohibits and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.