Director, FP&A - Corporate
Alameda, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Astra’s mission is to Improve Life on Earth from Space® by creating a healthier and more connected planet. Today, Astra offers one of the lowest cost-per-launch dedicated orbital launch services of any operational launch provider in the world, and one of the industry’s first flight-proven electric propulsion systems for satellites, Astra Spacecraft Engine™. Astra delivered its first commercial launch to low Earth orbit in 2021, making it the fastest company in history to reach this milestone, just five years after it was founded in 2016. Astra (NASDAQ: ASTR) was the first space launch company to be publicly traded on Nasdaq.
Astra is seeking an energetic and entrepreneurial-minded Director to join the FP&A team. In this role, you will report to the VP of FP&A, where you will have a high level of executive visibility and impact. You will be a key business partner to the entire business, managing financial reporting, headcount, long-range and strategic planning, understanding, and tracking critical financial KPIs, working cross-functionally on strategic initiatives, and driving efficiency in our quarter-end processes.
A successful candidate will provide a solid voice for representing Finance, support/lead cross-functional projects, and thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
How You'll Fulfill Your Mission
- Drive alignment of planning and investment within the company's overall strategic priorities.
- Develop, deliver and maintain insightful reporting for internal stakeholders to enable optimal financial management of their area of the business.
- Leverage data, financial data, and business understanding to research and recommend business growth opportunities and efficiencies.
- Initiate, drive and implement processes that enable the organization to scale.
- Identify key operating metrics, and develop executive dashboards to track these metrics and surface findings with strategic recommendations.
- 6+ years' experience in Corporate FP&A or similar position with an emphasis on forecasting, financial analysis, and financial modeling
- 2+ years' experience in Investment Banking with an emphasis on financial modeling and financial analysis
- Self-starter with the ability to operate independently, build processes, implement process improvements, and operate with speed, quality, and agility to achieve business outcomes
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), with all levels of management and including the ability to listen well and to influence others
- Experience with headcount and expense planning, and a solid grasp of accounting principles, forecasting, financial modeling, and management reporting
- Experience synthesizing large datasets to consumable executive summaries for stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and maintain executive presence while managing shifting timelines and priorities
- Excellent attention to detail with demonstrated problem-solving, strategic, and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, with proficiency in cloud-based planning systems (Adaptive/Anaplan) and automated reporting tools (Domo/Tableau)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Economics
- Master's in business administration
- Prior experience in FP&A roles in equipment manufacturing or aerospace
- Ownership of cross-functional projects, processes highly desired
ITAR Requirements: This position requires compliance with U.S. Government space technology trade restrictions, specifically the International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and additional regulations governing satellite, launch vehicle, missile, and other related technologies. All jobs restricted by these regulations will be contingent upon the applicant’s status as a documented U.S. Person or their ability to receive a trade license from the cognizant government agency; in addition to any required company background checks and in compliance with applicable U.S. and California laws. Similarly, positions requiring the ability to work on government contracts or a security clearance are also contingent upon the applicants ability to receive the appropriate clearance and be allowed to work on U.S. government contracts.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Astra, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
San Francisco Applicants: Astra will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See more open positions at Astra
Something looks off?